Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption Set..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vslcards

Dec 1, 2012
Macomb Michigan
Has anyone else gotten a card that looks like this? It was a redemption replacement I received. The original card I was supposed to get was a 2011 Topps Tier One Joe Morgan Crowd Pleasers Auto Gold #10 . I wasn't to happy about getting a non numbered card from a set I have never heard of. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370732720.036065.jpg

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I have seen a Utley of these. It did not sell to well though. Seems like Topps has alot of these to replace cards but like you said its not numbered and alot of people dont know what these are and are afraid to buy them.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
If you search for Topps Replacement Auto on ebay, you'll see some of the others. They just sent me a Bert Blyleven as a replacement for a Pedro Alvarez Triple Threads that I'm assuming will never get made. I think I'm going to send it back.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Topps always claims that replacements are made based upon value. What value do these have? Has Beckett recognized them? If so how do the evaluate the cards.

So the names so far are:
Sheffield
Vlad
Carter
Blyleven
Robinson

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Topps always claims that replacements are made based upon value. What value do these have? Has Beckett recognized them? If so how do the evaluate the cards.

So the names so far are:
Sheffield
Vlad
Carter
Blyleven
Robinson

Heck they should get Magicpapa to sign a few cards :wink::lol:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I think this is a better alternative to some redemptions but when your waiting on a low numbered or rare card it would be best to hold out for your card.
If its a scrub then I would take a HOFer auto any day.

What bothers me is that Topps holds out certain cards from packs to use as replacements. Just doesn't make me want to buy boxes or cases knowing not all the cards are available.
Personally I feel this should be more upsetting to collectors.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD

So the names so far are:
Sheffield
Vlad
Carter
Blyleven
Robinson

Add:
Alex Rodriguez
David Ortiz
Chase Utley
Don Sutton
Dwight Gooden
David Justice
Willie McCovey

Also, there are different colored, numbered versions, of some if not all of the cards. Numbers seem to range from /99 to /5.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I think this is a better alternative to some redemptions but when your waiting on a low numbered or rare card it would be best to hold out for your card.
If its a scrub then I would take a HOFer auto any day.

What bothers me is that Topps holds out certain cards from packs to use as replacements. Just doesn't make me want to buy boxes or cases knowing not all the cards are available.
Personally I feel this should be more upsetting to collectors.

I agree with everything you wrote, but in the case of my Pedro Alvarez TTT card, I never even requested a replacement. I got the Blyleven in the mail the other day with the typical Topps letter. I think this is even more upsetting.

vslcards

Dec 1, 2012
Macomb Michigan
I agree with everything you wrote, but in the case of my Pedro Alvarez TTT card, I never even requested a replacement. I got the Blyleven in the mail the other day with the typical Topps letter. I think this is even more upsetting.

The same thing has happened to me 2 times. It was almost a slap in the face going from a Gold Parallel to an un numbered card. The worst part is they just did it.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Write a short note explaining why the replacement is inappropriate and return the card. Also state what would be an appropriate replacement.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I've been buying Arods from this set..
Look nice, but will be interesting to see how values settle..

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well like I said in the last thread about this, I hope you guys enjoy the hell out of these because I honestly believe this is what you can expect from now on for replacements. And topps having plenty on hand will only enable them to not even try to make a card should it be troublesome for any particular set. Now it'll just be as easy as slipping one of these in a bubble mailer and calling it done. At least they have some good players but this is going to suck for player collectors.

vslcards

Dec 1, 2012
Macomb Michigan
Wow! That sucks! You got Hall of Famer Frank Robinson's auto!

Should of been a HOF Joe Morgan Auto to /10...it's an un recognized set that is not even in Beckett. The secondary market sucks for these cards take a look on ebay you can pick the same card up for nothing..

Latest posts