Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trent Richardson traded to the Indianapolis Colts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Not even close to being high. Look what Cleveland gave up to pick him. He may not be AP or Rice but not to many RBs are of that quality. Plus they are on historically more overall talented teams.

I think Cleveland sold really really low and way to early on Richardson. Maybe he isn't worth 2 #1s but at least a one plus additional picks.

Why deal a good RB when all they need is a better QB. They have decent WRs considering who was throwing to them last year.

Since when does a players' draft position determine his future value, or current value? It was his past value, but not current or future. He was very mediocre last year, 3.5 yards per carry is flat out doo doo. I will admit, he had some mediocre talent around him, so we shall see if he can get himself turned around.

To me, it makes sense to move on and try to stockpile picks. Next year, it is time to find a franchise QB, a nice 3rd round running back, another receiver to add to Josh Gordon, and turn the page.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Am I the only one around here sensing foul play by the NFL here??? We all know Luck is the new golden boy & future face of the NFL & somehow the colts pull of this insane trade that makes absolute zero since by the browns????? I'm sorry but I'm calling BS on this trade.

ronniedp23

Apr 13, 2011
The High Desert, California
Am I the only one around here sensing foul play by the NFL here??? We all know Luck is the new golden boy & future face of the NFL & somehow the colts pull of this insane trade that makes absolute zero since by the browns????? I'm sorry but I'm calling BS on this trade.

That's a bit of a reach. The Browns aren't winning a lot with this trade, but they aren't losing a whole lot either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
That's a bit of a reach. The Browns aren't winning a lot with this trade, but they aren't losing a whole lot either.

just saying we all know the NFL wants Luck in as many Superbowls as possible and this is a great boost to his chances. having the #1 and #3 overall picks from last years draft on the same team. It just seems a little too good to be true to me.

they say they want to rebuild through the draft??? how about rebuild around Richardson & the draft. they could still end up with a top 3 pick anyways with Richardson and land Bridgewater or Boyd. just a bad trade for the Browns. I honestly think they should have got 2 1st rds 2014 & 2015 for him

they say they want to rebuild through the draft??? how about rebuild around Richardson & the draft. they could still end up with a top 3 pick anyways with Richardson and land Bridgewater or Boyd. just a bad trade for the Browns. I honestly think they should have got 2 1st rds 2014 & 2015 for him

ronniedp23

Apr 13, 2011

I said the first bit. Not sure who said the rest.

I would have thought he was worth at least 2 picks. Maybe a 2014 1st and a 2015 second. But I'm not a football guru. I just don't think the browns are losing all that much by ditching TR right now.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I said the first bit. Not sure who said the rest.

I would have thought he was worth at least 2 picks. Maybe a 2014 1st and a 2015 second. But I'm not a football guru. I just don't think the browns are losing all that much by ditching TR right now.

Think they could have kept him all year & if they decided to trade during the off season got a higher first rd pick & other picks. Just seems real convenient for Luck & the colts to land a top end young RB. Don't forget this is only his what 19th game coming up.

ronniedp23

Apr 13, 2011
Think they could have kept him all year & if they decided to trade during the off season got a higher first rd pick & other picks. Just seems real convenient for Luck & the colts to land a top end young RB. Don't forget this is only his what 19th game coming up.

Maybe. But maybe he's a locker room cancer. Maybe he really is fragile. Maybe he and the coach hate each other.

Any number of reasons why this could have happened. I'm not buying the NFL conspiracy koolaid.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Also seems if the colts contacted the browns about him, the browns would have known they were desperate for a RB after injuries that they could have squeezed them for a whole lot more then what they got. The trade just doesn't add up all across the board on the browns end

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Also seems if the colts contacted the browns about him, the browns would have known they were desperate for a RB after injuries that they could have squeezed them for a whole lot more then what they got. The trade just doesn't add up all across the board on the browns end

Yeh but they have like 9 picks in the first 4 rounds next year now....

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
& the browns might be the only team in the NFL who draft worse then the raiders so good luck with all those picks.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Give up a pretty good RB, get possibly the Offensive Tackle or Defensive end that solidifies your team, and use a 2nd and 4th round pick to get a strong, fast runner and work him into your game, along with your star rookie QB and build a franchise

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Methinks the trade was a "we don't want this guy to accidentally win us a game" trade. I'm just surprised they didn't get more/ask more for Richardson.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Methinks the trade was a "we don't want this guy to accidentally win us a game" trade. I'm just surprised they didn't get more/ask more for Richardson.

After my initial post, I got to thinking as to why it "made sense" to the Browns to trade Richardson NOW and this thought came to mind.

This is the way I see it now.............
In 2012 Cleveland went all in on Richardson and Weeden as their franchise RB and QB for lets say the next 8-10 years (thats based on Weeden's age at the time of the draft). Cleveland went 5-11 their first year. This year they have started off 0-2 and Weeden is hurt and Richardson has been banged up his first year.

I think this year the Browns realized what a turn around Indy did with their Franchise QB Luck (from 2-14 to 11-5) and Washington with Griffin III (from 5-11 to 10-6). Weeden clearly is not the Franchise QB answer, the Browns are looking for a Griffin type clone, not a Luck type clone. Therefore to ensure they have a chance at Franchise QB and the face of the franchise, they will do everything possible to dump and lose every game to get that #1 pick (Teddy Bridgewater is my guess). This means trading your Franchise RB Richardson so he does not "accidently win you a game" as BMC put it. With the likes of Morris (6th round), Ridley (3rd round), Foster (undrafted), to Lacy (late 2nd), Martin (late 1st), the Browns will take the Franchise QB with their first first round pick and then find their Franchise RB with their multitude of 2nd - 4th round picks in 2014. Add in some line help on both sides of the ball and Cleveland might, just might, pull themselves from being known as The Mistake on the Lake in a few years.

So yes as stupid of a trade this is NOW as I see it, it may just end up making sense 1-3 years down the line.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Since Trent just got on the Colts this week.... is he a sit for this week in fantasy? I'm sure Bradshaw will get a majority of the touches this week and Trent will get 10 or so. Is he still a start?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Since Trent just got on the Colts this week.... is he a sit for this week in fantasy? I'm sure Bradshaw will get a majority of the touches this week and Trent will get 10 or so. Is he still a start?

Depends who you have on the bench, but I would not start him this week if you have a better option plus they are playing a tough SF DEF.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
For what its worth, this is info from Yahoo Player Profiles........

• Thu, Sep 19
    "Several league sources" tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer the Browns initiated the trade that sent Trent Richardson to Indianapolis.

Advice: As if it wasn't already clear, the Browns' new braintrust wants little to do with what deposed football "czar" Mike Holmgren left behind. Facing an uncertain workload in a tough matchup, Richardson is Rotoworld's No. 15 running back for Week 3.

More: Cleveland Plain Dealer
    (Rotoworld.com)
  • New Player Note Thu, Sep 19
    ESPN's Bob Holtzman reported on NFL Insiders Trent Richardson "expects to play and play a lot" in Week 3 at San Francisco.

Advice: Richardson told Holtzman the Colts' offense is not entirely dissimilar from Browns coach Rob Chudzinski's, which he's been learning the past seven months. We're still skeptical Richardson will play even close to a full complement of snaps in a new system behind new blockers after two practices as a Colt. His ceiling is probably around 16 carries in a tough matchup at Candlestick.

(Rotoworld.com)
  • New Player Note Thu, Sep 19

Coach Chuck Pagano said that newly acquired Trent Richardson will play in Sunday's game at San Francisco.

Advice
    : When asked how much Richardson will play in Week 3, Pagano said, "As much as he can handle." The Colts didn't give up a first-round pick to let Richardson idle behind Ahmad Bradshaw. The playbook at the running back position is among the easiest to pick up, meaning T-Rich could see the majority of early-down work right away. He does have a brutal matchup, but he's still on the flex radar. "This guy is a rolling ball of butcher knives," Pagano said of Richardson. "He fits our scheme to a T."

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Even if you like the trade down the line for the Browns, and think they were down on Richardson, why not trade him closer to the Draft when you get a Higher pick from a team that needs a RB, like Detroit or Arizona?

And you'd know exactly where your Picks were...

Members online

Latest posts