Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trent Richardson traded to the Indianapolis Colts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Give up a pretty good RB, get possibly the Offensive Tackle or Defensive end that solidifies your team, and use a 2nd and 4th round pick to get a strong, fast runner and work him into your game, along with your star rookie QB and build a franchise

The Browns have the best OT in the game. FWIW.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Not any more they just traded him to the broncos & Peyton Manning for a future 1st round pick & lifetime supply of snickers bars

Hey, if they're into making silly trades, I'd LOVE for the Packers to give up their 1st round pick next year for Joe Thomas.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
After my initial post, I got to thinking as to why it "made sense" to the Browns to trade Richardson NOW and this thought came to mind.

This is the way I see it now.............
In 2012 Cleveland went all in on Richardson and Weeden as their franchise RB and QB for lets say the next 8-10 years (thats based on Weeden's age at the time of the draft). Cleveland went 5-11 their first year. This year they have started off 0-2 and Weeden is hurt and Richardson has been banged up his first year.

I think this year the Browns realized what a turn around Indy did with their Franchise QB Luck (from 2-14 to 11-5) and Washington with Griffin III (from 5-11 to 10-6). Weeden clearly is not the Franchise QB answer, the Browns are looking for a Griffin type clone, not a Luck type clone. Therefore to ensure they have a chance at Franchise QB and the face of the franchise, they will do everything possible to dump and lose every game to get that #1 pick (Teddy Bridgewater is my guess). This means trading your Franchise RB Richardson so he does not "accidently win you a game" as BMC put it. With the likes of Morris (6th round), Ridley (3rd round), Foster (undrafted), to Lacy (late 2nd), Martin (late 1st), the Browns will take the Franchise QB with their first first round pick and then find their Franchise RB with their multitude of 2nd - 4th round picks in 2014. Add in some line help on both sides of the ball and Cleveland might, just might, pull themselves from being known as The Mistake on the Lake in a few years.

So yes as stupid of a trade this is NOW as I see it, it may just end up making sense 1-3 years down the line.

Or they draft Clowney and he becomes the next Courtney Brown

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Man, the Vikings suck.

And Clowney is a sure as a "can't miss" as you can get at DE. Brown had his weaknesses...

I don't think Clowney is can't miss. He thought he could show up, not work hard or be in condition and show out. He got absolutely worked by James Hurst @ UNC in the opener...and Hurst is good and most likely a 2nd day NFL pick....but he's not up to ***** of the guys Clowney would see in the NFL. Taking him over a guy like Bridgewater, who could be your franchise guy for a long long time is silly. Plenty of great DE available in that 20-30 range where their pick will be that they are getting from Indy.

Members online

Latest posts