Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vernon Wells about to be traded to the Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Words cannot describe how happy many in Blue Jays land were when Wells and his contract went to the Angels. I think many Angels fans will feel the same way.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm hoping that the Yankees are so desperate, yet mildly competitive, that they make it worth it for Milwaukee to unload Corey Hart at mid-season.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Official.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Wells will probably go all Glenallen Hill (1.112 OPS for 2000 Yanks in 40 games) on the AL East and stun MLB analysts everywhere. Gives me the willies just thinking about it :oops:

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
It's not official, so I don't want to jinx it. I am SUPER HAPPY though! Hopefully NYY sends over some good prospects. The Management has totally depleted our top prospects in recent years...We need to build our farm system back up again. That's where some of our best players have come from (i.e. Trout, Weaver, Aybar, Kendrick, Trumbo). We can't just buy the best players every year...

Wells is a class act though. Very nice and humble despite his poor performance. His defense is solid too.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
It's not official, so I don't want to jinx it. I am SUPER HAPPY though! Hopefully NYY sends over some good prospects. The Management has totally depleted our top prospects in recent years...We need to build our farm system back up again. That's where some of our best players have come from (i.e. Trout, Weaver, Aybar, Kendrick, Trumbo). We can't just buy the best players every year...

Wells is a class act though. Very nice and humble despite his poor performance. His defense is solid too.

Considering Wells' tweet, he's probably approved a trade, and good luck with that. :lol:

EDIT: Had to add the smiley.

Last edited:

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I remember last season when Vernon Wells was TEARING the cover off the ball. Right around this time last year and everyone thought it would be a bounceback for him.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Words cannot describe how happy many in Blue Jays land were when Wells and his contract went to the Angels. I think many Angels fans will feel the same way.

Considering the performance by Wells the past 4 years and his contract....it might be the most lopsided trade of ALL TIME.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
https://mobile.twitter.com/Joelsherman1/statuses/315980861352841216

Hearing #Yankees will pay almost all of $13M they r responsible to Wells in '13 so as not to put toward $189M payroll goal in '14
5:18pm - 24 Mar 13

so there it is. Going to be a non impact prospect for sure.
Also, via Mike Axisa at riveraveblues.com
"Money assumed in trades does not get spread out according to average annual value for luxury tax purposes"

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I dont think the Yankees are going to be as bad as everyone thinks thay are going to be this year.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Here you go elmalo, another Yankee they are going to tell "just hit 30 homeruns, the other numbers don't matter".

Good luck

***If any hitting coach EVER said this to Texeira/Granderson as you and markakis have stated, they surely wouldn't last long in that position.

Latest posts