Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Nice additions on the Cougars!
I added a 1957 Topps 1 cent football wrapper to my collection, as 1957 is the year I remember first buying any cards.
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
That's a cool wrapper Danny. I bet that wasn't the easiest thing to find.
There are wrappers out there, with some being easier than others. The 1951 Topps Red are pretty plentiful and I have a couple. I want a 1958 Topps baseball wrapper, as that is the first year I remember buying baseball cards.
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I realized that while I had completed my 1962 Yankee Topps Bucks, that I hadn't worked on the Colts. Lenny Moore is the first to arrive.
DANNY

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Always feels good to complete one, plus the anticipation of finishing others. Congratulations!!!
DANNY

Yea, its a good feeling to get these cards into the binder were I can see the team set from the whole year. Its gonna get tougher as I go into the early 60's and 50's with these team sets. I have to hunt down those pricey Ernie Banks cards plus a few others. I have 1950-1952 Bowman team sets done. I need just two 1953 Bowman Black and White cards. I still need most of the 1953 Color ones though.

This project and my Fred McGriff PC have been taking up most of my collecting time and funds recently. I am also collecting other Cubs base cards from other companies like Donruss, Fleer etc.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Yea, its a good feeling to get these cards into the binder were I can see the team set from the whole year. Its gonna get tougher as I go into the early 60's and 50's with these team sets. I have to hunt down those pricey Ernie Banks cards plus a few others. I have 1950-1952 Bowman team sets done. I need just two 1953 Bowman Black and White cards. I still need most of the 1953 Color ones though.

This project and my Fred McGriff PC have been taking up most of my collecting time and funds recently. I am also collecting other Cubs base cards from other companies like Donruss, Fleer etc.

I think that in the long run you will be very happy with your team sets. I know that I love looking at my Yankees. I take my graded cards to a copy center and have a good copy made on card stock so that I can place that in my album.
DANNY

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I think that in the long run you will be very happy with your team sets. I know that I love looking at my Yankees. I take my graded cards to a copy center and have a good copy made on card stock so that I can place that in my album.
DANNY

I have actually cracked a couple graded cards out of PSA holders for my Bowman team sets. I saved the labels as I think you can send them in and they will remove them from the population report. These were of course mid grade cards I cracked out.

Members online

Latest posts