Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
1939-46 Salutation Exhibits Bill Dickey (Made in USA in left corner) and Joe DiMaggio.

1954 Topps Scoops Babe Ruth SGC 55.

DANNY

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Another item for my Mantle collection:
1950's-60's PM10 Blue, Batting, Left Hand Not Visible, 1 3/4"
DANNY
Danny how do you know when those pin backs are not reproductions? I see so many offered now its hard to tell. This is my only Mantle. I was given this from a shop owner for doing some eBay listings and other work for him in his shop.
Mantlepinback.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Danny how do you know when those pin backs are not reproductions? I see so many offered now its hard to tell. This is my only Mantle. I was given this from a shop owner for doing some eBay listings and other work for him in his shop.
Mantlepinback.jpg

It could be difficult, but use as many clues as you can. The bat, ball, chain and ribbon are all old and show signs of wear on your pin, plus the pin itself is not in great condition. If it looks too new or if you have misgivings, pass on it.
DANNY

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Mantlepinback.jpg

It could be difficult, but use as many clues as you can. The bat, ball, chain and ribbon are all old and show signs of wear on your pin, plus the pin itself is not in great condition. If it looks too new or if you have misgivings, pass on it.
DANNY

Looks like a really cool piece. Are there ever any markings on the backs of these pins or are they usually just blank?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Looks like a really cool piece. Are there ever any markings on the backs of these pins or are they usually just blank?

The backs are blank. You can look for some rusting & wear on the back to help you determine if it is reprint, also.
DANNY

Members online

Latest posts