Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Thanks for giving all that information about your collection, which sounds great. I agree that Sanchez at $60 is way too high. Maybe after he plays he'll sign with PastPros or do some shows with a $10-20 fee. BTW, I got a Jeter All-Star Rookie signed TTM the year that card came out. He was still signing briefly then. Munson......probably never!

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Four of the five poses for Eddie Hogan cards from the N172 Old Judge set in my collection. The two batting poses are similar. His head is turned two different ways.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Got another Banks today. 1966 OPC PSA 5. Nice little vintage rainbow.
full

full

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Nice pick ups everyone. ^^^^

I picked up the 1954 Rizzuto, 1960 Ford and 1958 Turley this week. No scans, sorry.

Out of 570 or so cards, that puts me at about 100 Yankees cards from completing Topps 1952-1960 team sets. I started collecting vintage Yankees in 2015. I gave myself 19 years, with a goal to finish one team set each year for the next 20 years. At the 5-year mark, I am somewhat on track. Gives me another 14 years to get the 1952 Mantle. The other 99 shouldn't be too hard, I'm hoping to pick up a bunch of these at the National this year.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I've been trying to get my scanner to work the past few hours. So here's something different. It's part of my Hogan collection. Here's some information on these cards.
Louis Heilbroner was a former manager and executive who founded Heilbroner's Baseball Bureau, the first statistical bureau devoted to baseball. He was the publisher of the Baseball Blue Book, a baseball guide marketed to insiders of the game. At the beginning of their first year of pro ball, each player received an index card with the player's name typed at the top of the card. The player would then complete the small questionairre on the card, describing basic biographical information. The reverse contained blank spaces where the Bureau would update the card each season with current team information.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I've been trying to get my scanner to work the past few hours. So here's something different. It's part of my Hogan collection. Here's some information on these cards.
Louis Heilbroner was a former manager and executive who founded Heilbroner's Baseball Bureau, the first statistical bureau devoted to baseball. He was the publisher of the Baseball Blue Book, a baseball guide marketed to insiders of the game. At the beginning of their first year of pro ball, each player received an index card with the player's name typed at the top of the card. The player would then complete the small questionairre on the card, describing basic biographical information. The reverse contained blank spaces where the Bureau would update the card each season with current team information.

Love the Heilbroner's! Early baseball history and a lot of them are signed by the player! Congrats!!!!

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I have another Heilbroner card of a player Ken Hogan. I still can't get my scanner to work. I'll reinstall the damn software thing later when I feel like driving myself nuts. My computer doesn't like me.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I think I got the scanner working.
Ken Hogan Heilbroner Baseball Bureau card. His biography is pretty interesting too. His team mates thought they were funny too.
"During the spring he fell prey to an old baseball gag. One day while waiting out a rainout, he fell asleep in the hotel lobby. Teammate Babe Pinelli delighted the onlookers by setting fire to Hogan’s newspaper.

Members online

Latest posts