Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
jpruitt2 said:
Congrats on finishing your set Danny! What's up next?

I'm trying to decide on that! I could go after another Yankee set of Redman tobacco cards, as I have the 1953 Yankees completed already. The Hassan Triple Fold cards wouldn't be too hard, I don't think and they're a set I like. I could start picking off some Goudey's.
Anything I haven't mentioned?
DANNY

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
The Reese I've had for a couple of months, just don't think I posted it. The Mathewson just showed up today.
1941Reese.jpg

T205Mathewson.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
finally!! I've been on pins & needles waiting for this to get here.

I've been wanting to start this team set for a long time, but always had something else come up. I picked up the Snider for a great price, so now I'm off & running. Six cards to go to finish up the '51 set. There are a total of 3 blue backs and 4 red backs - the Snider is a red.

51Tsnider.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
TNP777 said:

I've been wanting to start this team set for a long time, but always had something else come up. I picked up the Snider for a great price, so now I'm off & running. Six cards to go to finish up the '51 set. There are a total of 3 blue backs and 4 red backs - the Snider is a red.

51Tsnider.jpg
[/quote

Who do you need? I might have an extra red back or two around here.
DANNY

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
TNP777 said:

51Tsnider.jpg
I have been trying to nab a Doerr blue back for quite some time now...is that one you still need?

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Just picked up the Evers beater portrait. The price was right! I may look to upgrading it to an nicer SGC A or SGC 10 :lol: Here it is with my others of the trio:

Tinker.jpg
eversport.jpg
Untitled.jpg

TEC.jpg

dherm360

Mar 30, 2010
TBTwinsFan said:
Question, what are 51 Topps? I thought they started in 52....

The 1951 Topps set was the first real set by Topps. It consisted of a Red and Blue back set. It was designed to play a game. The Blue set is tougher and came with Carmel instead of gum, which alot of times melted and ruined the cards. I like them because of the size and design, a little unique from the normal card

Members online

Latest posts