Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I finally was able to pick up my so-called white whale card. I've known about this card for about 15 years or so. But have never seen one for sale. I posted a topic on the Net54 forums https://net54baseball.com/login.php...8650-abec2967e3aff7e5b242152e755f624a739bab6c about that I was looking for this card. A member there had said before that the last of five poses that I was looking for with him throwing the ball was pretty rare and expensive. The card is one of five poses of a 1887-90 Old Judge card of Eddie Hogan, from the Cleveland Ohio team. A few days ago, someone on the Net54 forum made a new topic about what their white whale card(s) they were looking for. I posted a borrowed scan :whistle: of the card I was hunting for. A member there sent me a message a few days ago that he had the card I was looking for. He's a well know member on that forum. I did send a message to the forum owner Leon and asked him for a reference about the person. He gave the person a thumbs up. The card was expensive for me. So here's a scan of the card I bought.

Here are scans of the other four poses of the same player.

I'm not going to do a happy dance. I'm too old and tired for that. :cool:

Last edited:

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Kind of a vintage pickup. I bought a collection earlier in the year and there was a Ryan rc in it. I already had one, and this one was a little less condition than mine, so I decided to have it signed. Luckily Koosman is still signing regularly even though he’s getting shaky. Ryan took about 2 months through his foundation.

Image1664894339.241916.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Kind of a vintage pickup. I bought a collection earlier in the year and there was a Ryan rc in it. I already had one, and this one was a little less condition than mine, so I decided to have it signed. Luckily Koosman is still signing regularly even though he’s getting shaky. Ryan took about 2 months through his foundation.

View attachment 342361

That's a great card to have both on! Congrats!!!

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here

View attachment 342361

Wow…jealous…

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Today I finished the rainbow for my Rabbit Maranville collection. The final pickup was the green, with all matches intact. My favorite things about the 1934 Diamond Matchbooks are the large checklist and nice little bio write ups.

View attachment 343098

View attachment 343099
Very cool. I have two different color ones for Frank (Shanty) Hogan of the Boston Braves.

Members online