Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What an amazing triple cut auto!!!! :0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I just love this card. What a beauty!!!

14m5rep.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Topps-HERI ... 8746588064

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Erich said:
G $MONEY$ said:
Whomever designed that card needs to fired.

Yeah the card doesn't have the greatest design, but i can live with it as id just be staring at the cuts. Also impressed that they almost got all three cuts on the card without having to cut off half of a players name, haha. I would have choosen a different Maris cut though, one without the Cardinals logo!!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
G $MONEY$ said:
Yeah the card doesn't have the greatest design, but i can live with it as id just be staring at the cuts. Also impressed that they almost got all three cuts on the card without having to cut off half of a players name, haha. I would have choosen a different Maris cut though, one without the Cardinals logo!!

...that's the first thing I noticed. It's a great triple auto though. That starting price is a little crazy though.......

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Man I love the "idea" of this card..Man that is just sick sick sick!! But the design of the card looks like crap..The dude(s) that designed that card needs to be fired..Its a horrible design!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I guess it's a matter opinion but I think to get three cuts, three pics, and to stay with the Heritage theme makes it a great design and the designer should have gotten a promotion.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I am guessing it is supposed to be a Yankees great card. The cards logo on the Maris had to be an oversight.
Even with the kindergarten design the overlook is worse. I would say waste of three cuts.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
I am guessing it is supposed to be a Yankees great card. The cards logo on the Maris had to be an oversight.
Even with the kindergarten design the overlook is worse. I would say waste of three cuts.

Actually, in the lower right it says "Chase '61", so yes they are Yankee greats, however this card is clearly for the '61 home run chase.

This card has come up for discussion a few times on FCB
Great concept, poor execution (too busy of backgrounds on each cut IMO)

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Musial Collector said:
jcmint said:

Actually, in the lower right it says "Chase '61", so yes they are Yankee greats, however this card is clearly for the '61 home run chase.

This card has come up for discussion a few times on FCB
Great concept, poor execution (too busy of backgrounds on each cut IMO)

Are there really baseball fans who don't know how Babe Ruth, Roger Maris, and Mickey Mantle are related besides being Yankee greats?

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
jbhofmann said:
I guess it's a matter opinion but I think to get three cuts, three pics, and to stay with the Heritage theme makes it a great design and the designer should have gotten a promotion.

Agreed, 63 topps had some bright colors, and I think this card represents that well.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
saw that card a few times and although the concept of putting those three in one card is just awesome, id have preferred if they put ruth cut on the front while both maris n mantle in the back

dave

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Besides the bird I dont see anything to really complain about (even that is a reach) . Its near perfect execution of staying in line with the design of the original. Hell I am happy its not a stupid triple booklet with questionable GU pieces.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
i think for once topps did a pretty good job on that triple cut. usually there's bits and pieces here and there that are cut off. pretty crazy price though.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think they did a decent design job there for a card. The issue some people have is that when they think of a Ruth (or Mantle, or Maris) auto, they don't think of an auto'd baseball card, they think of an auto'd baseball.

Members online

Latest posts