Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the baseball moment...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
For me there are two,

1989 NLCS Will Clark hits one up the middle to put the Giants ahead for good in game 5. I actually have the radio broadcast of this game on tape and have listened to this at bat 1000's of times........"Clark hits it up the middle into center field. Maldanado scores, here comes Butler, on his way to third is Thompson and the Giants lead three to one...........and Superman comes through again."

2010 Brian Wilson striking out Cruz to win the World Series. (See Sig)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I know I already posted what my favorite was, but I wanted to add the video...goosebumps everytime!!
[youtube:1tg8gdj2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADI_ZB7BSg[/youtube:1tg8gdj2]

jgro85

Mar 15, 2010
Long Beach, CA
the part in Angels in the outfield when everyone starts waving their arms with Danza on the mound.

It is quite ludicrous how much time the umpire gave Danny Glover for that conference though.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Anything associated w the 96 postseason yanks.
I know the big play calls word for word.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
All of these are Greats that i have seen. i still get chills remembering them all. i will add another 2 more. the Sandberg game in 1984. WOW! Juan hitting 5 home runs in the 96 playoffs, the Rangers lost to the Yanks 3 games to 1.
icon_facepalm.gif

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
When Jake Taylor calls his shot then surprises everyone by bunting and Willie Hays ends up scoring from 2nd base on the play. I've seen that moment at least a hundred times.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Cal Ripken Jr becomes Iron Man

Astros using 6 pitchers to no-hit the Yankees

Angels eliminating the Yankees in 2002 ALDS - when a team, at the time, was 16th in payroll topping a team with largest payroll with hitting and running basics it makes you happy underdog knocked Goliath down.

All 7 games of Angels vs Giants in 2002 World Series - heavily underrated exciting World Series. Angels winning it changed the way how teams build for the future maximizing the use of their minor league system.

July 12, 2006 between Midland Rockhounds and Wichita Wranglers which I was there. Game went 15 innings with grand slams from Alex Gordon and Billy Butler. Rockhounds battled back to tie. David Castillo sacbunt in bottom of the 15th wins it. It was almost 1 in the morning when I got home.

August 19, 2011 Astros vs Giants - there live I witness more than a young team. I saw hope.

69madman69

Feb 25, 2011
Lifelongfan said:
that you never get tired of watching again and again.

My first is probably Rick Monday "saving" the American flag.
I also love re-watching The Kirby Puckett catch where he seems to elevate about 7 feet to make a catch.

Bonus: My hardest to watch is what the Yankees did to that Arizona reliever (cant remember his name)--Brutal.

If B.Y.K. was North Korean that series would be proof they have nukes. Total meltdown!

My personal favorite is Manny's running catch against the Orioles (at Camden). He makes a difficult running catch, climbs the wall, high-fives a lonely Sox fan and then turns and makes a fantastic throw. That play captures the best of what Manny was. It is the epitome of what the game is about; skill, style, and overwhelming child-like joy.

rtsp://v2.cache4.c.youtube.com/CjgL...SB3Jlc3VsdHNg4PbYx4WJ4rZODA==/0/0/0/video.3gp

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Cal Ripken hitting a home run on game #2129 (I was there!)

Cal Ripken hitting a home run on game #2130

Cal Ripken hitting a home run on game #2131

Cal Ripken hitting a home run in his first at bat on his final AS game

And as much as I like Lidge as a person, I'll never forget watching that Pujols homer live. That thing was absolutely jacked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts