Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What MAJOR MLB Events have you been to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgro85

Mar 15, 2010
Long Beach, CA
2008 World Series game 2
Cal Ripken's last game in Florida
Greg Maddux's number-retirement game in ATL last summer

I went to 3 of the Reds/Marlins games when Griffey was in town to hit #600 but then he hit it on the 4th game of the series on a Monday day game...pfft.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
jlecates said:
Not sure that it's a "major" event in baseball, but I saw Griffey Jr. hit the warehouse at Camden Yards during the '93 Home Run Derby. (I believe still the only person to do so)
derby.jpg

On July 12, 1993 during the 1993 All Star Game Home Run Derby, Seattle Mariners slugger Ken Griffey, Jr. launched a homerun 445-feet out of Oriole Park at Camden Yards over Eutaw Street. To date, he is the only player to ever hit the B&0 warehouse with a batted ball. Many home run balls have landed on Eutaw Street, between the stadium and the B&O warehouse, and the spots are marked with small baseball-shaped bronze plaques.

A HREF="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyg/203134934">Oriole Park at Camden Yards opened on April 6, 1992, replacing Memorial Stadium as the home field of the Baltimore Orioles of Major League Baseball. The success of HOK Sport's retro-style Camden Yards sparked a trend in other cities of constructing more traditional, fan-friendly ballparks in downtown locations. Built on land that once served as the rail yard for the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's Camden Station, the view from much of the park is dominated by the former B&O Warehouse behind the right-field wall.

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Rickey Henderson ties Lou Brock
Rickey Henderson beats Lou Brock
Nolan Ryan 6th no-hitter
Bonds 700th home run

I have to thank my mom for taking me to ALL of these games. Not only that, but she let me skip school many a times to go to Oakland and watch a ball game. Thanks Mom!

vandybill

Sep 28, 2008
Nomo no-hitter at Camden yard
Randy Johnson perfecto against the Braves (7th row behind home plate)
1982 World Series in St Louis
1992 World Series in Atlanta

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Game 2 of the 1999 World Series: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 0240.shtml

It was more significant than most games because it was the presentation of the All Century team on the field at Turner Field. To my knowledge, it was the last time that Pete Rose has been on a MLB field, who was interviewed by Jim Gray after the ceremony. Being at the game, I didn't hear about it until I got home:

Jim Gray: Pete, let me ask you now. It seems as though there is an opening, the American public is very forgiving. Are you willing to show contrition, admit that you bet on baseball and make some sort of apology to that effect?

Pete Rose: Not at all, Jim. I'm not going to admit to something that didn't happen. I know you're getting tired of hearing me say that. But I appreciate the ovation. I appreciate the American fans voting me on the All-Century Team. I'm just a small part of a big deal tonight.

Gray: With the overwhelming evidence in that report, why not make that step...

Rose: No. This is too much of a festive night to worry about that because I don't know what evidence you're talking about. I mean, show it to me...

Gray: Well, the Dowd Report says, but we don't want to debate that, Pete.

Rose: Well, why not? Why do we want to believe everything he says?

Gray: You signed a paper acknowledging the ban. Why did you sign it if you didn't agree with it?

Rose: It also says I can apply for reinstatement after one year, if you remember correctly. In the press conference, as a matter of fact, my statement was I can't wait for my little girl to be a year old so I can apply for reinstatement. At my press conference. So you forgot to add that clause that was in there.

Gray: Well, you have reapplied. ... You've applied for reinstatement in 1997. Have you heard back from Commissioner Selig?

Rose: No, and that kind of surprises me. It's only been two years, though, and he's got a lot of things on his mind. But I hope to some day.

Gray: Pete, it's been 10 years since you've been allowed on the field. Obviously, the approach that you have taken has not worked. Why not, at this point, take a different approach?

Rose: Well, when you say it hadn't worked, what do you exactly mean?

Gray: You're not allowed in baseball. You're not allowed to earn a living in the game you love. And you're not allowed to be in the Hall of Fame.

Rose: Well, I took that approach and that was to apply for reinstatement. I hope Bud Selig considers that and gives me an opportunity. I won't need a third chance. All I need is a second chance.

Gray: Pete, those who will hear this tonight will say you have been your own worst enemy and continue to be. How do you respond to that?

Rose: In what way are you talking about?

Gray: By not acknowledging what seems to be overwhelming evidence.

Rose: Yeah, I'm surprised you're bombarding me like this. I mean I'm doing an interview with you on a great night, a great occasion, a great ovation. Everybody seems to be in a good mood. And you're bringing up something that happened 10 years ago.

Gray: I'm bringing it up because I think people would like to see ... Pete, we've got to go, we've got a game.

Rose: This is a prosecutor's brief, not an interview, and I'm very surprised at you. I am, really.

Gray: Some would be surprised that you didn't take the opportunity.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Opening Day at Yankee Stadium last year (First MLB game ever at the new Yankee Stadium)
Opening Day at Yankee Stadium this year.
I was at the game when Roger Clemens announced he was returning to the yankees (I think it was 2007.)
I was at the game when the Yankees beat the Mets & Johan Santana 15-0 (Not a major event but still, it was a great game for a yankee fan to be at.)
Game 2 of the 2009 ALCS, Arod hit a game tying HR in the 11th (best moment ever for me at a baseball game, only time I have ever seen Arod HR. Yanks ended up winning it in the 13th. It was freezing and raining, and I had the flu for a week following that game :)

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Dice-K's first game at Fenway.
The game where Red Sox went back-to-back-to-back-to-back against the Yankees
Cal Ripken beating the international streak (I think). It was in Kansas City and they had a big ceremony with a Japanese player.

GB5HOF

Jun 30, 2010
Last game at Tiger Stadium
Comerica Park Opener
2005 All-Star Game
Every playoff and World Series game played in Detroit in 2006

hendu29

Jan 15, 2010
New York
I was there at Yankee Stadium when Clemens both won his 300th and struck out his 4,000 (Edgar Renteria) in the same game. As a Cardinals fan, it was the worst sports weekend of my life. Went with my brother and a friend--both rabid Yankee fans. It was pretty neat though to see the reception Tino received as it was his first game back at the Stadium.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I was at the Cubs last World Series win... I can't remember exactly what year... 550 BC? Somewhere in that era.

I forgot, I was at the second meeting of the Dodgers and Twins in the 2006 season, Hunter hit his (10th I wanna say? Maybe 9th) Grand Slam, Joe Mauer got hits :D

I was at Day 2 of the 2010 TwinsFest (which doesn't seem like a whole lot, but I think Day 2 was Thome's first public appearance as a Twin}

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
5/19/2008 - KC @ BOS - Jon Lester No Hitter
2008-jon-lester-nohitter-ticket.jpg

8/16/1995 - SEA @ MIN - Griffey Jr. 1000th Hit

Just about every CWS game in the past 6 years.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
1983 All star game at Comiskey park
1988 All star game in Cincinnati
1990 All star game in Wrigley

1984 Playoffs at Wrigley (Both games)
1989 Playoff at Wrigley
1988 1st Wrigley night game
1986? in the visitors dugout at Wrigley Field when Pete Rose tied Ty Cobb's hit record.
I was at the celebration party for Billy Williams hall of fame announcement.

I have been at over one thousand major league games and have seen almost everything but have yet to see a no hitter!! Otherwise I have been able to see pretty much everything else that can happen at a baseball game.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
markakis8 said:
I was at:

Wilson Alvarez no-hitter - last no-hitter @ Memorial Stadium.

Game 2130 for Cal

Matt Wieters debut

This one is a stretch:

Phillies/Padres had a double-header. I was there for both games. There were 3 separate rain delays between the two games. The second game ended around 3 or 4 AM with a Mitch Williams walk-off single in extra innings. LOOOOONG day.

:lol: It crazy that 3 of us were at that game and didn't even know it. I was at all 3 games that weekend vs. the Tigers.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Not a damn thing. I was at a Rangers/A's game in 1990 and caught Rickey Henderson's grand slam. I think it was on the 4th of July. That and the Texas League AA All Star game in 2001 were the closest I've come to anything important.

I've been to the Stanley Cup finals, the Final Four, the Super Bowl, the BCS title game, anf the CWS. Nothing worthwhile in MLB though

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The only 'milestone' I witnessed was Rafael Palmeiro's 400th home run.

I've been to a couple other notable games. I was at a Rockies game at Mile High in Denver in 1993 where the attendance was something like 72,004, which I think was the 4th largest MLB attendance ever. A friend and I flew to Denver in the morning, drove down to and up Pikes Peak, then back to Denver (I remember a traffic jam on the highway from Colorado Springs, with one of those Starflight helicopters parked on the other lane), getting to Mile High around the 7th inning, and we bought $4 'Rockpile' tickets. Still saw 1 or 2 homers. Then the game let out the same time the Nuggets playoff game let out across the street. Traffic was brutal getting back to the airport, then flew home. That was a full day.

And I caught a David Hulse home run at the Ballpark in Arlington in 1994, the only homer he hit that year.

The friend I went to Denver with was at Nolan Ryan's 7th no-hitter. That was pretty good, too.

Members online

Latest posts