Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Topps products would you like to see a return of in 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You missed the point...I'm not talking about the prospects, or adding Bowman into the mix, I'm talking about the names of the players involved themselves, you know, the lesser RCs (not prospects) that fill out the regular base set of BD?, which would pretty much be the same guys "who haven't appeared" "in Finest, A&G, Topps Chrome, Museum, Archives" .....why would Topps want to bother putting those types of guys in a "fusion" set of their better brands?

More importantly, why would a collector want to buy it, especially at the price-point it would have to be at with those brands you suggest?

Is anyone really clamoring for a Museum Collection card of the middle reliever who got called up for a few days in August to fill a roster spot vacated by a DL move, and who was then sent back down?

Because those are the types of guys who won't have been in the initial releases of the brands you named.

Now, a fusion set of brands that haven't been released in a while, with all the years big name RCs involved, that might be worth investigating, in my opinion, because it'll have the strength of the years hot rookies to help sell it.

Thing is, topps doesn't care as is shown by numerous examples recently.

And it would sell, being the only game in town, theres no options. As long as panini isn't licensed & leaf keeps making "one & done" packs, collectors need their fix.

Look at all the XXXX they make now & how it sells out & goes up despite seriously lacking content/value. Is topps chrome honestly worth the going rate? Or platinum?

I'm not saying there should be a quad gu auto of a 29 yr old "loogy" but instead a late(r) called up rookie (ex. middlebrooks) or breakout player who wasnt in the original release (ex. sergio romo).

As for srp, no more than $7 a pack (hopefully $5 or $6).

Honestly, I don't care what they put out as long as its "good", not retro or prospect AND at the srp I mentioned.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Wow... my bank account really hopes they don't come out with a 2013 Topps Tek........ gift and a curse for player collectors lol... although it'll help get my overall % higher ;)

it be great just retired players with 150 different patterns:mrgreen:

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
From that list, Stadium Club could be good. Gold Label could be good if the 1998 design was the inspiration, but without the confusing "running/fielding/hitting" variation. I also liked 2002 and 2003 Pristine. The thick white chrome cards were really sharp, and the gold parallels were very chaseful. I didn't care for the 2004 design, and they screwed it up in 2005 with thinner plain cards. 2005 Pristine Legends was OK, though.

Basically, any nice chrome design with full etching, any retro product with Bake McBride in it, and sure, Topps Tek.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Thing is, topps doesn't care as is shown by numerous examples recently.

And it would sell, being the only game in town, theres no options. As long as panini isn't licensed & leaf keeps making "one & done" packs, collectors need their fix.

Look at all the XXXX they make now & how it sells out & goes up despite seriously lacking content/value. Is topps chrome honestly worth the going rate? Or platinum?

I'm not saying there should be a quad gu auto of a 29 yr old "loogy" but instead a late(r) called up rookie (ex. middlebrooks) or breakout player who wasnt in the original release (ex. sergio romo).

As for srp, no more than $7 a pack (hopefully $5 or $6).

Honestly, I don't care what they put out as long as its "good", not retro or prospect AND at the srp I mentioned.

You're right...Topps Chrome and Platinum HOBBY are not worth the going rate.....which is why I generally stick to retail for those brands.

But there's no way to do a fusion set with the brands you named at the $5-6 hobby pricepoint, unless you're talking maybe 1 card each of 4 of the named brands per pack (and even that might not work, if Finest and Museum are both involved), and that opens the door to other problems, i.e. how many boxes would you need to rip with even perfect collation to complete the 4 different "update" sets?

Also, so you want to go Hobby only and forego retail? That's a bigger percentage of the card market than I think Topps would like to just write off.......

Now if you threw out the Finest and Museum, I could see you hitting the $5-6 per pack pricepoint with 2-3 cards per pack of the other brands you quoted...maybe.

I even think $8 per pack for my Gold Label/Stadium Club/Tek/Topps Stars fusion idea is pushing the "not realistic" borderline....

Both ideas might be better suited for an online exclusive ala Topps Mini...

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
From that list, Stadium Club could be good. Gold Label could be good if the 1998 design was the inspiration, but without the confusing "running/fielding/hitting" variation. I also liked 2002 and 2003 Pristine. The thick white chrome cards were really sharp, and the gold parallels were very chaseful. I didn't care for the 2004 design, and they screwed it up in 2005 with thinner plain cards. 2005 Pristine Legends was OK, though.

Basically, any nice chrome design with full etching, any retro product with Bake McBride in it, and sure, Topps Tek.

Wasn't the "running/fielding/hitting" gimmick for Class 1, 2 and 3 in 1999 Gold Label?

If I'm not misremembering, didn't 1998 GL have the silver stained glass/refractory foil look on the etched player name for Class 2 and gold stained glass/refractory foil look on the player name for the Class 3?

Members online

Latest posts