Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why did COMC raise their shipping from flat rate $4.99 to possibly free, to best case scenario $8.99?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Seems strange to up the price and shipping time during the pandemic, no? I mean, before it was $4.99, or free if you purchased 100 or more items, and normal shipping waits. Now it's $8.99 and we have to wait 2+ months? Seems backwards to me. Am I missing something? Is it a cash grab during a pandemic?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Maybe they have so many cards on the site that they want to monetize the shipping? Sportlots is looking better and better.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
My guess is that it's because a lot of people are placing orders and they are very backed up with a surplus of unfulfilled orders so they're trying to take advantage of it by almost doubling the shipping cost.

I placed an order on April 3rd with the regular economy shipping method and I'm still waiting on the shipment.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I also have $4.99 shipping available still. That said, my understanding is they're running with half of their regular staffing in order to comply with COVID prevention orders.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
$0.00 for me. I'm no big-timer either.

Oh, you know, you may be charged more if you have an oversized/graded card in your inventory.

1.png

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I had one card that I really wanted my hands on. Did a shipment of 7 cards for Economy Rushed. Account was charged $6.74 on 5/11, shipped 5/21, received 5/26.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
guess i need to market my million card inventory on a site of my own

If you had a nice selection of what people want and good service, you MIGHT eventually see enough business. I suspect in most cases, you need that name recognition and/or exposure to do really well. Most people are not becoming overnight successes selling sportscards. Look at ebay, the major consignors like probstein, even COMC...it all took time to get to be that big.

I don't have a million cards, but I could feasibly sell everythingI had over time and make some good money IF enough people saw my site or listings. Too often, I see good stuff auctioned for next to nothing because they are unknown or just bad timing.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
most mine the junk years - picked up inventory of closing stores --- Salvation Army got 50,000 ,Now i donate many to local elementary schools at Christmas . Twenty years selling at local minor league stadium . Still buy boxes and in a team trading group . just out to make some money having fun

barongan

Aug 6, 2018
guess i need to market my million card inventory on a site of my own
million card inventory? that's amazing
o.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am making some great headway on getting all my stars/semistars sorted by last name with all the specials/multi/checklists at the end. I bought a large collection of quarter boxes from a local shop some time back and it had about 40 super shoes boxes. With covid lockdown lasting almost 3 months so far, I am down to the last 2 needing sorting by name. Most of the rest of mine already in my collection were sorted over time.

The BIG project, if I ever try to tackle it (and I really do want to but it will take time and a lot of space), is to take all of the various alphabetized boxes from 5K down to shoebox size and blend them all together. Right now, I might have a few hundred different boxes that are all sorted A-M, N-Z or A-Z, but would love to get to the point where I can go to 1 (or in most cases - more than 1) box and find ALL of my G's, R's, Z's, etc.

I imagine in my mind a giant wall of 5K boxes on shelves, where I can go right to a box, then specific player and finally have all of their cards in one spot.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
I had 4 orders with COMC 03/08/2020, 03/10/2020 03/14/2020 and 03/23/2020.....Three took over 50 days......last order is 69 days old and should be coming next week!!

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
My second order came on 05/04/2020.........and the on 05/09/2020 a second order totally the same as the one on 05/04/2020....email them and they trying to figure out what when wrong.......Best regards, David K. PS won't order again until I get the fourth order!

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
They need to include something for the loyal customers and 50 days wait....even $5.00 credit for every order that was delayed over 50 days......Best regards, David

crypticfreak1

May 16, 2016
Here is my order. Requested 3/31/20. Supposed to be mailed 5/27/20- has not been mailed. Supposed to have arrived 6/2- it’s now 6/3 and it’s not here. In the meantime I added 70 more cards and I’ve contacted them numerous times asking if they would add those cards into this shipping order and they do not respond. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m finding cards on there that I have not seen before I would avoid them like the plague! And I am a huge supporter of them! My current order if I were to request shipment would not be shipped until October! That is ridiculous!!

Attachments

• FE445CFC-D27F-4D3E-A71D-DCC9215CF637.jpeg
    FE445CFC-D27F-4D3E-A71D-DCC9215CF637.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 4

Members online