Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why do most fans assume Ken Griffey, Jr. didn't use PEDs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
You can actually train to much.. I think a lot of today's problems are just that. (In all sports) Between the games, practice, weight room and cardio they never rest. It's proven to much can be bad for your body and actually weaken muscles and joints

Sent from my iPhone

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Yeah, we all get that.
But why are Griffey and today's players getting worn down so quickly when they have the best training and medicine in history?

Yet Ruth, Mays, Aaron, Musial, Williams, Brett, Carew, Yount, Reggie, Schmidt, Cobb, Wagner, Killebrew, and most of the other great hitters and sluggers in MLB history able to play without breaking and pulling every other bone, muscle and tendon in their bodies?

Ruth was fat and ate ten hotdogs a game. Players were drunks and never trained. Yet they played hard and rarely if ever got seriously hurt.

Because athletes have evolved to be bigger and faster. No one is a machine and to stay at that peak level is damn near impossible. Also more processed food now as opposed to back then. That has to play a part in bodies breaking down more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Top 10 most obvious users (IMHO):
Barry Bonds
Alex Rodriguez
Rafael Palmero
Ken Griffey Jr.
Roger Clemons
Cap Anson
Jose Canseco
Pete Rose
Melky Cabrera
Phillies Phanatic

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I just assume they all used/use something.

I've actually heard an announcer state, "We KNOW Griffey never used" when referring to others. That angered me, because we have no way of knowing that.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Griffey never had that MAJOR unbelievable spike in hrs like bautista, Anderson or bonds did.

But on the other hand, he very nearly had four straight seasons with 50 hrs during the steroid era.

But......he also had a truly beautiful swing, never was linked and was incredibly talented so really who knows

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jrgif-animate.gif

Members online

Latest posts