Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why use BGS over PSA (or Vice Versa)? How to compare prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Apologies if this is a silly topic, but I still haven't quite figured it out. From my preference, I like PSA 10 on base cards, but BGS on cards with signatures or anything more modern (past mid 90s). Is this a consensus opinion or are opinions all over the place?

Also, is BGS 9.5 comparable to PSA 10 in terms of value? If that's the case, then what is BGS 10, somewhere above PSA 10?

Just trying to get a grasp on the various types of grading, appreciate any help!

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I prefer PSA over BGS myself. I would recommend BGS for modern refrator autos and that type of stuff especially prospects. PSA seems to sell for more otherwise. I dont think a BGS 9.5 equals a PSA 10. BGS 10 Pristine can bring good money but I have not really looked at them to see how nice they are. Vintage I would recommend PSA all the way. For some pre-war stuff I would recommend SGC as well. I have my T210 cards in SGC holders so far but I may switch them over to PSA eventually just so all my holders are similar.

Members online

Latest posts