Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

will you still buy upperdeck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Rickzcards said:
bongo870 said:
Upper deck did me wrong. VEry wrong a few years ago on a redemption. I sat on it for 2 years and finally asked for a replacement. They made my 10 $ card into a 200 $ card. MAde it into a dual auto/gersey or Wright and Reyes. They said they sent it and i never got it. They sid they sent another and I never got it. Then they threatened me with mail fraud and will be pressing charges. I asked for all the transactions and i printed them out and went to the PO to see if anything was there for me. Beacuse they said i signed for all of them. Upon looking at it they sent it to the wrong address. Now i had many redemptions come to be before so why all of a sudden they changed my addy? Well it was a few blocks over from me and I went to his house and He said he never got the cards (yea right) So then UD sent me a bunch of garbage to replace it. I was mad. Then they said they cant send the card now beacuse Reyes isnt with UD anymore. I doubt they even sent anything...
But i gave them another chance and did a few mroe redemption pulls and did ok but now I think I am done with them...
If that were me, I would have gotten the police and the PO involved. That idiot signed for something that didn't belong to him and kept it. But you let it go which doesn't make sense since you are losing out big time. You are just as much at fault as UD.

What could I do? He said he didnt get them. There is no proof he accually got them. Maybe upper deck was lieing to me? The police (which i did ask a officer once) said there really isnt anything I could do unless we can procve without a doubt He took them. Who knows who signed for them. So I left my # with the guy to call me if they ever do show up.
How am I at fault here? Way to turn that around on me.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
SKYWALKER said:
YES YES YES

I think their cards are the best

jeter.jpg

That is a sweet card! I always loved Upper deck mainly beacuse i felt they had made better looking cards and they have Griffey Jr. But then Donruss had a better style than Topps too.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
sdsportsfan1214 said:
I quit buying Ud crap ever since i heard about them backdooring all the big cards in products, no wonder i never pulled anything amazing...

I have pulled some pretty amazing cards in my box breaks from UD - for example, the redemption set for all the rookies out of 2005 Exquisite football #/5. I will still continue to buy Upper Deck.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
lisu said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
I quit buying Ud crap ever since i heard about them backdooring all the big cards in products, no wonder i never pulled anything amazing...

I have pulled some pretty amazing cards in my box breaks from UD - for example, the redemption set for all the rookies out of 2005 Exquisite football #/5. I will still continue to buy Upper Deck.

I've never known you to rip wax, Lisa. Please, if you're going to post, don't post such ridiculous lies ...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Yeah, I'd really like to know what the hell they're thinking over at Upper Deck too.

I HATE when my baseball products have multi-color patches, on-card autos, and good design.

!BmDHqWgBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjoEtkgF1CNBBLeI9()dcw~~_12.jpg

!BmDv8!g!mk~$(KGrHqIOKiYEtk04ueFnBLeLQ,UQFQ~~_12.jpg

!BlU9KkwB2k~$(KGrHqIH-DgEtrfPTk!FBLbOR7qKVQ~~_12.jpg

!Bl85OQw!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-DsEtsiPf)+jBLd)ilt1yQ~~_12.jpg

They should just fire everybody and start over with the guys who designed this.

!BltVnr!Bmk~$(KGrHqUH-DcEtvJ5qQ20BLcwI3ThcQ~~_12.jpg

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
sdsportsfan1214 said:

Yah, I heard someone got fired when they accidentally let this one slip into their packs:

exqtwlj.jpg

I'll buy Upper Deck as long as they still have Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, and Ken Griffey Jr. under exclusive contracts.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
One thing that hurt UD in the past was that article in Beckett when someone asked UD and Topps about there autos. Topps said they send a representative to watch all the signing (doubt its true but they said they do it) And Upper Deck said they just send out the stickers or cards.
A lot of people didn't like that.
That and the fake cards, bad customer servos, they really did a lot of harm upon themselves.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Looks like your card is damaged. Did it come out of the pack like that? Where's the quality control at UD? Don't forget about the gajillion redemptions they'll never fulfill for the original players and the scrub autos they put in the high end products that sell for $5 on Ebay. Also Clear stickers are still sticker auto's. Oh, in case you're wondering I am no fan of Topps either.

chashawk said:
Yeah, I'd really like to know what the hell they're thinking over at Upper Deck too.

I HATE when my baseball products have multi-color patches, on-card autos, and good design.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
bongo870 said:
Rickzcards said:
bongo870 said:
Upper deck did me wrong. VEry wrong a few years ago on a redemption. I sat on it for 2 years and finally asked for a replacement. They made my 10 $ card into a 200 $ card. MAde it into a dual auto/gersey or Wright and Reyes. They said they sent it and i never got it. They sid they sent another and I never got it. Then they threatened me with mail fraud and will be pressing charges. I asked for all the transactions and i printed them out and went to the PO to see if anything was there for me. Beacuse they said i signed for all of them. Upon looking at it they sent it to the wrong address. Now i had many redemptions come to be before so why all of a sudden they changed my addy? Well it was a few blocks over from me and I went to his house and He said he never got the cards (yea right) So then UD sent me a bunch of garbage to replace it. I was mad. Then they said they cant send the card now beacuse Reyes isnt with UD anymore. I doubt they even sent anything...
But i gave them another chance and did a few mroe redemption pulls and did ok but now I think I am done with them...
If that were me, I would have gotten the police and the PO involved. That idiot signed for something that didn't belong to him and kept it. But you let it go which doesn't make sense since you are losing out big time. You are just as much at fault as UD.

What could I do? He said he didnt get them. There is no proof he accually got them. Maybe upper deck was lieing to me? The police (which i did ask a officer once) said there really isnt anything I could do unless we can procve without a doubt He took them. Who knows who signed for them. So I left my # with the guy to call me if they ever do show up.

I've read this thread. And I was about to post that if UD can trace that he signed for them, clearly proof can be obtained that someone signed for them. Then I came to the conclusion that the OP is either A) trolling; B) 14 years old; or C) A trolling 14 year old.

Either way, I can't believe this message has gone three pages already.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
francisjniskey said:
Looks like your card is damaged. Did it come out of the pack like that? Where's the quality control at UD? Don't forget about the gajillion redemptions they'll never fulfill for the original players and the scrub autos they put in the high end products that sell for $5 on Ebay. Also Clear stickers are still sticker auto's. Oh, in case you're wondering I am no fan of Topps either.

chashawk said:

1) Not my card.
2) Not a clear sticker.
3) You had 1 bad redemption experience
4) I agree with Jeff

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Jeff N. said:
bongo870 said:
Rickzcards said:
bongo870 said:

I've read this thread. And I was about to post that if UD can trace that he signed for them, clearly proof can be obtained that someone signed for them. Then I came to the conclusion that the OP is either A) trolling; B) 14 years old; or C) A trolling 14 year old.

Either way, I can't believe this message has gone three pages already.
WOW insulted by a fellow Phillies fan...
A) I am not a troll
B) I am 39 years old
C) I am 39 and not trolling

They cannot prove who signed for it. HE could easily say it was not him or his neighbor or his wife or brother or who ever. I need without a doubt proof he signed for it.

Either way, I can't believe this message has gone three pages already
I just wanted people opinions about how upper deck is to them now. Dont need to insult.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
bongo870 said:
Rickzcards said:
bongo870 said:

Hey bongo have never talked to you no here b4 ;)

I am not seeing the other guys's point...

Would it be bongo's fault if someone set his house on fire and he could not prove who did it?

Members online

Latest posts