Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

will you still buy upperdeck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
RyanHowardCollector6 said:
bongo870 said:
Rickzcards said:
bongo870 said:
Upper deck did me wrong. VEry wrong a few years ago on a redemption. I sat on it for 2 years and finally asked for a replacement. They made my 10 $ card into a 200 $ card. MAde it into a dual auto/gersey or Wright and Reyes. They said they sent it and i never got it. They sid they sent another and I never got it. Then they threatened me with mail fraud and will be pressing charges. I asked for all the transactions and i printed them out and went to the PO to see if anything was there for me. Beacuse they said i signed for all of them. Upon looking at it they sent it to the wrong address. Now i had many redemptions come to be before so why all of a sudden they changed my addy? Well it was a few blocks over from me and I went to his house and He said he never got the cards (yea right) So then UD sent me a bunch of garbage to replace it. I was mad. Then they said they cant send the card now beacuse Reyes isnt with UD anymore. I doubt they even sent anything...
But i gave them another chance and did a few mroe redemption pulls and did ok but now I think I am done with them...
If that were me, I would have gotten the police and the PO involved. That idiot signed for something that didn't belong to him and kept it. But you let it go which doesn't make sense since you are losing out big time. You are just as much at fault as UD.

What could I do? He said he didnt get them. There is no proof he accually got them. Maybe upper deck was lieing to me? The police (which i did ask a officer once) said there really isnt anything I could do unless we can procve without a doubt He took them. Who knows who signed for them. So I left my # with the guy to call me if they ever do show up.
How am I at fault here? Way to turn that around on me.

Hey bongo have never talked to you no here b4 ;)

I am not seeing the other guys's point...

Would it be bongo's fault if someone set his house on fire and he could not prove who did it?

Hey RHC whats up? Yea i am about done wih topps and all that garbage there now.
Who knows if he even got the cards, I dont understand how they said they sent it one week then the next said they cant send it beacuse one player no longer is with upper deck. I feel that they never sent the cards. The BBB did get involved and that got UD on the right track.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
chashawk said:
francisjniskey said:
Looks like your card is damaged. Did it come out of the pack like that? Where's the quality control at UD? Don't forget about the gajillion redemptions they'll never fulfill for the original players and the scrub autos they put in the high end products that sell for $5 on Ebay. Also Clear stickers are still sticker auto's. Oh, in case you're wondering I am no fan of Topps either.

chashawk said:
Yeah, I'd really like to know what the hell they're thinking over at Upper Deck too.

I HATE when my baseball products have multi-color patches, on-card autos, and good design.

They should just fire everybody and start over with the guys who designed this.
1) Not my card.
2) Not a clear sticker.
3) You had 1 bad redemption experience
4) I agree with Jeff

1)My bad. I have pulled damaged cards out of UD when I was buying their stuff, but then again I was also pulling them out of the other manufacturers too. Pretty bad damage on a card that looks that good.

2)Upperdeck uses clear stickers on a lot of their cards so they are just as guilty of using stickers as any other card company.

3)Actually I had more then one bad experience. I also had two very high dollar redemptions with Fleer and they went belly up and that started it all. Then Upperdeck bought Fleer. I pulled a Sweets Sigs. Roethlisberger Rookie Auto redemption #ed /7 and a Sweet Sigs. Eli Manning Rookie Auto redemption #ed /10 and got neither of them. I got a letter from a lawyer saying if I wanted to file a claim I can do it thru the court but I will more then likely not get anything based on how the assets would be distributed. Collectors were on the bottom of the list. The bottom line is I shouldn't of had any bad experiences from any card company. Even once is too many. I am the customer and UD/Fleer should of went out of their way to make me happy instead of taking the "You're SOL" attitude. It was their mistake not mine. They are the ones who couldn't deliver what they promised not me. They got my money correct? It just shows what kind of morals and character they have. Was nice in the good old days when the customer was always right. Whatever happened to that motto?

4)I have no idea who Jeff is or what he said. :lol: :lol:

5)I'll stick to buying what I like from other people that open packs and on Ebay. This way I don't have to be the one taking a chance of getting screwed by the manufacturers and get to see the cards before I buy.

6)Don't get me wrong I'll buy any manufacturers cards if they are sweet cards but my pack breaking days are long over :D

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
francisjniskey said:
chashawk said:
francisjniskey said:
Looks like your card is damaged. Did it come out of the pack like that? Where's the quality control at UD? Don't forget about the gajillion redemptions they'll never fulfill for the original players and the scrub autos they put in the high end products that sell for $5 on Ebay. Also Clear stickers are still sticker auto's. Oh, in case you're wondering I am no fan of Topps either.

chashawk said:
Yeah, I'd really like to know what the hell they're thinking over at Upper Deck too.

I HATE when my baseball products have multi-color patches, on-card autos, and good design.

1) Not my card.
2) Not a clear sticker.
4) I agree with Jeff

1)My bad. I have pulled damaged cards out of UD when I was buying their stuff, but then again I was also pulling them out of the other manufacturers too. Pretty bad damage on a card that looks that good.

2)Upperdeck uses clear stickers on a lot of their cards so they are just as guilty of using stickers as any other card company.

3)Actually I had more then one bad experience. I also had two very high dollar redemptions with Fleer and they went belly up and that started it all. Then Upperdeck bought Fleer. I pulled a Sweets Sigs. Roethlisberger Rookie Auto redemption #ed /7 and a Sweet Sigs. Eli Manning Rookie Auto redemption #ed /10 and got neither of them. I got a letter from a lawyer saying if I wanted to file a claim I can do it thru the court but I will more then likely not get anything based on how the assets would be distributed. Collectors were on the bottom of the list. The bottom line is I shouldn't of had any bad experiences from any card company. Even once is too many. I am the customer and UD/Fleer should of went out of their way to make me happy instead of taking the "You're SOL" attitude. It was their mistake not mine. They are the ones who couldn't deliver what they promised not me. They got my money correct? It just shows what kind of morals and character they have. Was nice in the good old days when the customer was always right. Whatever happened to that motto?

4)I have no idea who Jeff is or what he said. :lol: :lol:

5)I'll stick to buying what I like from other people that open packs and on Ebay. This way I don't have to be the one taking a chance of getting screwed by the manufacturers and get to see the cards before I buy.

6)Don't get me wrong I'll buy any manufacturers cards if they are sweet cards but my pack breaking days are long over
:D
See, now based on the 2 bolded lines, I fully agree with you. I have never pulled a Dawson or Williams card from a pack, and probably never will.
I buy at shows and on eBay, but without people busting those packs, there's nothing for us to buy. So, I won't be buying any Upper Deck wax,
but I hope others keep busting it so I can buy PC cards at a fraction of the box/case price. Selfish? :D

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
gt2590 said:
I have no problem with UD trying Unlicensed products, and I'll still get them. In fact, I like the design of the "base" set, and even without prominent logos, I like most of the photos too.

I like the design of this years UD Baseball base set as well. Its simple and almost has an old school feel to it for me.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
francisjniskey said:
chashawk said:
francisjniskey said:

chashawk said:

1) Not my card.
2) Not a clear sticker.
4) I agree with Jeff

This is yet another problem with the hobby - the sheer amount of ignorance as to what's going on.

Your statement that Upper Deck bought Fleer is wholly incorrect. Fleer went bankrupt. They had many assets sold off to pay their creditors. One asset that was sold was the Fleer name and product line, much like Panini bought Donruss' name and product line. However, UD did not buy Fleer's liabilities (and you, holding a Fleer redemption, put Fleer in a position where they were indebted to you). You were another in a long line of unsecured creditors that Fleer owed something to. Upper Deck had NO responsibility to give you anything.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
upper deck high end is much nicer than topps..so if I were buying boxes it would be UD all day long. for 2010 UD has Canseco under contract so I will be buying singles of his from their products as they pop up and I can afford them. I would buy Topps singles if my guy was in it but won't bust anything they offer unless its a blaster just strictly to have some tradebait.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I did not and will not purchase any ultimate singles no matter how much, I love some of the cards. Didnt and wont buy any of the DLP now Panini ones. I do not prefer no team names and no logos on my cards. Just my preference when it comes to collecting, I love ITG before they stopped being able to use Logo's also. To me its like those cards you seen back in the late 80's and early 90's at card shows guys were selling. They were in plaques and totally were not legal but people bought them anyway.

fatslags

Jan 23, 2010
Canada, Eh!
Re: Will you still buy upperdeck?

I'm not likely to ever buy UD again. They just don't have anything that really interests me. I'm all about SHINY cards, hence why I collect refractors.

The overwhelming amount of GU/auto combinations, not really GU, mixed up patches, fake patches, and the constantly rising price for stuff that for the most part, all looks the same to me. You can't fake a refractor, it's simple yet beautiful. Hence why I am a Topps kind of guy. The little bit of GU Topps makes is sufficient for me.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Marro said:
I did not and will not purchase any ultimate singles no matter how much, I love some of the cards. Didnt and wont buy any of the DLP now Panini ones. I do not prefer no team names and no logos on my cards. Just my preference when it comes to collecting, I love ITG before they stopped being able to use Logo's also. To me its like those cards you seen back in the late 80's and early 90's at card shows guys were selling. They were in plaques and totally were not legal but people bought them anyway.
Obviously everyone has their own preferences when it comes to collecting, but I can 100% say that I prefer something like this:

!BlGOgnQBGk~$(KGrHqMH-CkEs-cEE5HPBL,Ojr,Gzw~~_12.jpg

...as opposed to Topps Sterling which is 100% shiny, silver sticker autos, or the new Topps base where the Team name takes up 30% of the card.

I see no need on the card above for a Mariners logo. And again, just my opinion, but these look NOTHING like the generic cards from the 80's.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

I'm almost exactly the same way. I like to know the set a card comes from, this is something that should be easy to tell IMO.

But I will try to get a gu/auto of certain players when I know the card is legit - but will only get one card of that player.

fatslags said:
I'm not likely to ever buy UD again. They just don't have anything that really interests me. I'm all about SHINY cards, hence why I collect refractors.

The overwhelming amount of GU/auto combinations, not really GU, mixed up patches, fake patches, and the constantly rising price for stuff that for the most part, all looks the same to me. You can't fake a refractor, it's simple yet beautiful. Hence why I am a Topps kind of guy. The little bit of GU Topps makes is sufficient for me.

fatslags

Jan 23, 2010
Canada, Eh!

uniquebaseballcards said:
I'm almost exactly the same way. I like to know the set a card comes from, this is something that should be easy to tell IMO.

But I will try to get a gu/auto of certain players when I know the card is legit - but will only get one card of that player.
I collect hockey too so I cannot avoid the UD stuff entirely, I just try to steer clear of their baseball stuff. I've tried in the past to assemble some UD sets, but that's always been a disaster. No more, I collect the Topps product, and Topps products alone.

Members online

Latest posts