Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

With all the moves so far,what is your top 5 teams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
Lakers if they get Odom back
Orlando
Boston
Spurs
Cleveland
Portland (sleeper pick)
Believe it or not I think you will see a different Clippers team next year as well for most improved.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Uofo2212 said:
Lakers if they get Odom back
Orlando
Boston
Spurs
Cleveland
Portland (sleeper pick)
Believe it or not I think you will see a different Clippers team next year as well for most improved.

Are you assuming injuries to the Celtics or KG not being 100%?

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
i see it like this...

1. lakers (kobe is the best in the league and artest and him will be the best 1-2 lock down defenders in the league, i believe they will get odom, and i think bynum will have a good year)

2. cleveland (lebron can score at will, we seen that in playoffs, shaq is a beast and theres no way mo wil shows up that cold in playoffs again)

3. Nuggets (yes i cant believe i am saying the denver nuggets haha but without a few mental mistakes by there team they would have won the nba champion ship...and melo is a beast)

4. boston (kg and rasheed starting together is going to be lethal, only reason there not 1 is because i have to see if pierce is going to play at a higher level than that shat last year....if rondo can find a way to put the ball in the basket outside of the paint and also if kg is 100 percent healthy.

5. orlando ( a big man like dh12 is nice to have and vince carter even though he is older gives them more athletic ability than turk...even though i do think losing courtney lee hurts.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
bigalexx said:
Clippers
Cavaliers
Celtics
Lakers (Assuming they don't resign Odom)
Spurs

If Heat get Odom and Boozer, move them up to 3

not trying to be a dick but...the clippers..i thought this was a serious thread and also even if heat get odom and boozer they still wont get passed the second round of playoffs

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
thenumberonemetfan said:
1.Portland
2.Portland
3.Portland
4.Portland
5.Portland

Agreed x5. They're definitely THE sleeper team. I'm pulling for my Suns & Bulls, but I'm keeping my eyes on the Blazers.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
KCBeltranFan said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
1.Portland
2.Portland
3.Portland
4.Portland
5.Portland

Agreed x5. They're definitely THE sleeper team. I'm pulling for my Suns & Bulls, but I'm keeping my eyes on the Blazers.

People have been saying this for two years straight now...im sorry but i just dont see it, what makes them the team to beat? I was thinking oden could take them to that level but he is obviously to injurred

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
KOBEARODLT said:
KCBeltranFan said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
1.Portland
2.Portland
3.Portland
4.Portland
5.Portland

People have been saying this for two years straight now...im sorry but i just dont see it, what makes them the team to beat? I was thinking oden could take them to that level but he is obviously to injurred

I agree. I put them in my top 5 just based on win totals last year and another year of improvement of all their young players. The thing is you can't put them above the Spurs, Lakers, Celtics because they have yet to really prove themselves. They were the sexy pick this year too, and we saw what happened to them in the playoffs.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
1. Spurs Blair was the steal of the draft and will help them immediatley. I see them winning the title next year.
2. Boston. With Garnett back they are the best in the East
3. Cleveland. Shaq will help a little but not enough for Cleavland to get past Boston. Enjoy your last year of LeBron Cleavland.
4. Lakers. Arizia will hurt more than people think and Odom is still on the fence. If he leaves all they're left with is Kobe, Luke Walton, and Bynum. Not enough to get past the Spurs
5. Portland and... wait for it... WARRIORS. That's right I said it. I think the Warriors make a huge leap this year with Randolph, Curry, Monte, and Biedrinch. Even with the most overrated coach in NBA history I think they leapfrog a few teams in the West (Dallas, Pheonix, Houston, ETC.)

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
1. Spurs Blair was the steal of the draft and will help them immediatley. I see them winning the title next year.
3. Cleveland. Shaq will help a little but not enough for Cleavland to get past Boston. Enjoy your last year of LeBron Cleavland.
4. Lakers. Arizia will hurt more than people think and Odom is still on the fence. If he leaves all they're left with is Kobe, Luke Walton, and Bynum. Not enough to get past the Spurs
5. Portland and... wait for it... WARRIORS. That's right I said it. I think the Warriors make a huge leap this year with Randolph, Curry, Monte, and Biedrinch. Even with the most overrated coach in NBA history I think they leapfrog a few teams in the West (Dallas, Pheonix, Houston, ETC.)

if spurs win it wont be because of blair and when talking about the lakers it makes me wonder if you even watched any of their games last year..you mentioned they are left with walton bynum and kobe...walton doesnt even start and you forgot a few names like hmmm idk ron artest....derek fisher.....PAU FRICKING GASOL ::facepalm::

GoBuffs1

Dec 18, 2008
1.) Lakers (assuming they sign Odom, which i think they will. if they dont probably only move them to #2)
2.) Celtics (could be great or could be to old we'll see)
3.) Cavs (Im pumped to watch Lebron and Shaq play together)
4.) Spurs (hurts to say that but they got a lot better. however it will be interesting to see how Duncan responds to the injuries at his old age. if frickin Manu is 100% they will be dangerous.)
5.) Nuggets (J.R. Smith will be a starter which will help a lot. i think they will make a move, not huge but something solid. possibly a sign and trade involving Linas Kleiza. with Chauncey they can do anything!!!! :D .)

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I honestly don't understand how so many of you are leaving Orlando off your top 5 list. The team made the NBA Finals and have improved their team by getting Vince Carter. How does that not put them in the top 5?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Weimer said:
I honestly don't understand how so many of you are leaving Orlando off your top 5 list. The team made the NBA Finals and have improved their team by getting Vince Carter. How does that not put them in the top 5?

I think losing Turkoglu and Lee to get Carter is a downgrade. Assuming Jameer Nelson comes back 100% he's an upgrade over Alston, so in my opinion they either stayed even or slightly improved while the teams they beat in the playoffs made big improvements (Celtics added Garnett, Daniels, and Wallace - Cleveland added Shaq and Parker).

To me it's pretty clear why Orlando isn't top 5.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
IMO, the moves have not changed a whole lot.

1. Boston
2. Lakers
3. Cavs
4. Magic
5. Nuggets

I really think this is a 4 team league this year. If Odom does not return to LA, it really opens the door in the West! I could see a sleeper team shoot up like Portland or Utah.

GoBuffs1

Dec 18, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
Weimer said:

I think losing Turkoglu and Lee to get Carter is a downgrade. Assuming Jameer Nelson comes back 100% he's an upgrade over Alston, so in my opinion they either stayed even or slightly improved while the teams they beat in the playoffs made big improvements (Celtics added Garnett, Daniels, and Wallace - Cleveland added Shaq and Parker).

To me it's pretty clear why Orlando isn't top 5.
i agree, Turkoglu was a huge part of them winning last year, they lost their go to guy down the stretch. every time they had a big shot hedo was always taking it. Vince Carter IMO is way past his prime and honestly if i was the Magic i would rather have Courtney Lee he was impressive as a rookie

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
KOBEARODLT said:
kdailey4315 said:

if spurs win it wont be because of blair and when talking about the lakers it makes me wonder if you even watched any of their games last year..you mentioned they are left with walton bynum and kobe...walton doesnt even start and you forgot a few names like hmmm idk ron artest....derek fisher.....PAU FRICKING GASOL ::facepalm::

I did forget about Gasol. Fisher is one of the most overrated players in the NBA and I don't see him doing a whole lot next year. Artest doesn't really impress me that much either. IF they don't resign Odom I think it will be too much of a loss.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
kdailey4315 said:

I did forget about Gasol. Fisher is one of the most overrated players in the NBA and I don't see him doing a whole lot next year. Artest doesn't really impress me that much either. IF they don't resign Odom I think it will be too much of a loss.

so artest doesnt impress you but you named off luke walton and andrew bynum as being the good players lakers are left with?? and clutch threes are never over rated

Members online