Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would You Rather...

Which card would you have for the current price?

• 2005 Bowman Draft Chrome Tulowitzki Gold refractor /50

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I've been pretty consistent in saying that there are more than one way to look at this. On the other hand, looking back at your posts...

I think someone who is a player collector would be more likely to feel challenged by the major league rookie/minor league rookie point of view. I'm not a player or team collector so I don't feel challenged by it all.

Adamsince1981 said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
That's interesting, unlike yourself, my 'rules' are the same pre-2006 as they are post-2006, so I can't see how I'm governed by the MLBPA rules you say I am.

I don't care what the MLBPA says or where their RC logo is. Ironically, you seem to be greatly influenced by the MLBPA and their RC logo and you shouldn't be. I still look at your Tulo the same way pre- or post-'06.

I'm just interested in knowing where the player was in his career when his card was issued. That's all. Some people like to collect a player's card the first time he appears on their favorite team, I like to collect a player's card the first time he appears on my favorite league.

Adamsince1981 said:
I have a perfect grasp on what a players 1st release is and what a player's MLB RC LOGO release is. It is very simple and I understand that from 2006-present, that people can choose what they feel is a player's true RC to them.

My problem is that you seem to act like your opinion or your personal rules are correct, when they absolutely ARE NOT correct when it comes to RC's release pre-2006. Your opinion doesn't matter and it is extremely worthless when discussing a players RC that was release before the MLB LOGO RC rules were set in place.

After 2006, collect whatever you want to collect in regards to "RC's" and the MLB LOGO RC. But dont' be incorrect when it comes to RC releases before the MLB RC LOGO rules.

Well, enjoy collecting what you like, but don't act like others are wrong when they are 100% correct during discussions on Rookie Cards.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Superfractor said:
Adam, have you completed your '05 rainbow for Tulo?

No, I'm not worried too much about the rainbow unless I can find the Red Refractor and buy it.

If I ever find it, I hope it grades a 9.5 like my Superfractor and I can have a BGS 9.5 rainbow.

My best friend has 3 of the Silver Topps Rookie Cup autographs /5, so if I can ever land the Gold 1/1; I shouldn't have any trouble with that Rainbow as well.

I have owned the 05 Bowman Sterling Red Refractor 1/1 BGS 10, but I had to sell it and I really don't miss it too much. However, I'd likely buy it again if it ever becomes available. I bought it for $800 sold it, bought it back for $1,250, sold it for $1600, and the guy I sold it to found a guy that paid him $2,800 :shock:

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
It isn't challenging and I'm not challenged...you may be mentally challenged because you can't even understand or acknowledge fact...

Me being a player collector has anything to do with what and what isn't a RC before 2006.

I've been pretty consistent in saying that there are more than one way to look at this. On the other hand, looking back at your posts...

I think someone who is a player collector would be more likely to feel challenged by the major league rookie/minor league rookie point of view. I'm not a player or team collector so I don't feel challenged by it all.

Adamsince1981 said:
That's interesting, unlike yourself, my 'rules' are the same pre-2006 as they are post-2006, so I can't see how I'm governed by the MLBPA rules you say I am.

I don't care what the MLBPA says or where their RC logo is. Ironically, you seem to be greatly influenced by the MLBPA and their RC logo and you shouldn't be. I still look at your Tulo the same way pre- or post-'06.

I'm just interested in knowing where the player was in his career when his card was issued. That's all. Some people like to collect a player's card the first time he appears on their favorite team, I like to collect a player's card the first time he appears on my favorite league.

Adamsince1981 said:
I have a perfect grasp on what a players 1st release is and what a player's MLB RC LOGO release is. It is very simple and I understand that from 2006-present, that people can choose what they feel is a player's true RC to them.

My problem is that you seem to act like your opinion or your personal rules are correct, when they absolutely ARE NOT correct when it comes to RC's release pre-2006. Your opinion doesn't matter and it is extremely worthless when discussing a players RC that was release before the MLB LOGO RC rules were set in place.

After 2006, collect whatever you want to collect in regards to "RC's" and the MLB LOGO RC. But dont' be incorrect when it comes to RC releases before the MLB RC LOGO rules.

Well, enjoy collecting what you like, but don't act like others are wrong when they are 100% correct during discussions on Rookie Cards.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
WAIT A MINUTE HERE

YOU dont have a gold ref rc?

Hell, even *I* have this (which is saying a lot! lol)

Bruce2005BChromeGoldRefBGS9.jpg

I've owned 3 Gold refractors of Tulo...owning the Superfractor has made it easy to sell the golds.

I'm mainly focused on ultra-premium game used and 1/1's...

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Hey, I'll continue to play. What 'fact' are you talking about?

Adamsince1981 said:
It isn't challenging and I'm not challenged...you may be mentally challenged because you can't even understand or acknowledge fact...

Me being a player collector has anything to do with what and what isn't a RC before 2006.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Adamsince1981 said:
Superfractor said:

No, I'm not worried too much about the rainbow unless I can find the Red Refractor and buy it.

If I ever find it, I hope it grades a 9.5 like my Superfractor and I can have a BGS 9.5 rainbow.

My best friend has 3 of the Silver Topps Rookie Cup autographs /5, so if I can ever land the Gold 1/1; I shouldn't have any trouble with that Rainbow as well.

I have owned the 05 Bowman Sterling Red Refractor 1/1 BGS 10, but I had to sell it and I really don't miss it too much. However, I'd likely buy it again if it ever becomes available. I bought it for $800 sold it, bought it back for $1,250, sold it for $1600, and the guy I sold it to found a guy that paid him $2,800 :shock:
Geez, you player collectors are hard-core. I had no idea his ultra-rares were going for that much. I can't think of any other Rockies' Rookie that merits such a price tag.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008

Adamsince1981 said:

really....5 pages of this and you have to ask?

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Superfractor said:
Adamsince1981 said:
Superfractor said:

Geez, you player collectors are hard-core. I had no idea his ultra-rares were going for that much. I can't think of any other Rockies' Rookie that merits such a price tag.

I wish the BC Red Refractor would pop up now. I'm worried about Future prices.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Seems you don't know then.

Adamsince1981 said:

Adamsince1981 said:

really....5 pages of this and you have to ask?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
JoshHamilton said:
Uniquebaseballcards is virtualyankee.

is this 100% fact or just that you think this is virutalyankee

Fact.

I always had my suspicions because they have the same retarded rant about prospecting and rookie cards. But a week ago, he slipped up and gave himself away.

There was a thread on here called "What were the first 1/1's" or something to that effect. In that thread, he posted one of his cards, a 1997 Flair Showcase Row 0 Legacy Masterpiece Shawn Green 1/1. The link came from his Photobucket (uniquebaseballcards).

Now, google search "virtualyankee" and you'll find VY's photobucket link. Click on it and go to 1997 Flair Showcase and click Masterpieces. In VY's bucket you'll see the EXACT same Shawn Green.

It is impossible for two different people to own the same "unique baseball card." Unless of course it's the same person.

Game. Set. Match

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
You have a lot of time on your hands. Two words: get help. Do us all a favor and get it now. Finally, just leave me and anyone else you're stalking alone.

To anyone else who actually cares: JoshHamilton's best buddy here apparently bought this card, or sold it. The pic comes from an April auction I didn't bid on where it sold for $85. I show the Matt Williams referenced in the same thread sold for $100 more last month, I don't own that one either, but also have its pic... I have 100s of downloaded ebay pictures and notes of specific wants or unusual cards of interest - like moxacaine and many others...because 1/1s are what I collect.

While I'd love to pick up cards from this set, its not a priority in April when there are Topps cards to pick up. Besides, my primary site showing my haves is not my PB site, and... I never once said the card was mine...

I'd call JoshHamilton an idiot or moron but its beyond that now.

JoshHamilton said:
Aaaand the proof

http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewt ... a&start=15

5-6 posts down. Right click and check the URL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ ... 0Front.jpg

virtualyankees' bucket.

Same card. You've been proven a liar, you lose

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Yes it does!

And NO they are not! Razor is in no way or form, Topps, UD, Donruss, Bowman or Fleer. Period.
"Mainstream" or "major issue" are subjective terms and don't matter - there are just cards showing the player during different times in his career. I hope you're not saying Razor is not a mainstream name or brand.

Don't you find it odd that your definition of RC has absolutely nothing to do with baseball, when the term 'rookie' itself is huge in baseball? Your definition of RC is useful to boost interest in the minor leagues and/or to support a prospecting/gambling mentality, but, as you say, has nothing to do with the game of baseball.

Distinguishing between major and minor league rookies and cards is not a big deal.

Russ S. said:
You are a piece of work that is for sure.
But in the card world, Adam is 100000% right. You, not so much.
MLB Rookie and MiLB Rookie are very different and have barely anything to do with cards.
A Just card isn't nowhere equivalent to a MAINSTREAM, MAJOR Issue. ANd the FIRST one has been and always will be the TRUE RC.
HS, College, Minor, or BIGS. Dont' freakin' matter.
It's common sense.
What a minute.... carry on.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is priceless coming from someone who can't even grasp the fact and reality of a TURE RC vs. a minor league issued card vs. a RC Logo card vs. COMMON SENSE.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
You have a lot of time on your hands. Two words: get help. Do us all a favor and get it now. Finally, just leave me and anyone else you're stalking alone.

To anyone else who actually cares: JoshHamilton's best buddy here apparently bought this card, or sold it. The pic comes from an April auction I didn't bid on where it sold for $85. I show the Matt Williams referenced in the same thread sold for $100 more last month, I don't own that one either, but also have its pic... I have 100s of downloaded ebay pictures and notes of specific wants or unusual cards of interest - like moxacaine and many others...because 1/1s are what I collect.

While I'd love to pick up cards from this set, its not a priority in April when there are Topps cards to pick up. Besides, my primary site showing my haves is not my PB site, and... I never once said the card was mine...

JoshHamilton said:
Aaaand the proof

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67345&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

5-6 posts down. Right click and check the URL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ ... 0Front.jpg

virtualyankees' bucket.

Same card. You've been proven a liar, you lose

I started reading on page 5, and I thought the same thing...why does anyone accuse someone of being a liar just because there is a card in someone elses photobucket. I don't always delete my bucket photos when I sell something.... ::facepalm::

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
After reading all 5 pages of this I almost want to round up all my 4th year RC logo cards in a box and blow them up with a grenande.I just hope I live long enough on this Earth when someone will finally wake up and get rid of this stupid RC logo crap.

Back on topic, Bowman Chrome Draft gold refractor is winning in a landslide.And rightfully so.Easy choice.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
SINFULONE said:
After reading all 5 pages of this I almost want to round up all my 4th year RC logo cards in a box and blow them up with a grenande.I just hope I live long enough on this Earth when someone will finally wake up and get rid of this stupid RC logo crap.

Back on topic, Bowman Chrome Draft gold refractor is winning in a landslide.And rightfully so.Easy choice.
To be fair the question is "at the current price" though I would assume that the voting would be similar if the Gold Ref. wasn't much cheaper.

All that set, the poll means very little when you analyze it against eBay. For whatever reasons they might have, the actual bidders have shown which they prefer.

For the record I'd take the gold ref. in a heartbeat.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
SINFULONE said:

To be fair the question is "at the current price" though I would assume that the voting would be similar if the Gold Ref. wasn't much cheaper.

All that set, the poll means very little when you analyze it against eBay. For whatever reasons they might have, the actual bidders have shown which they prefer.

For the record I'd take the gold ref. in a heartbeat.

I see what you're saying, but like someone else said earlier, 5 years from now there will be 100 Tulowitski autograph/patches, but only 3-4 *true rookies*.Aside from the impossible 1/1's, the gold refractor is the card to have.The card he mentioned earlier isn't even signed on card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts