Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow just got a $1,200 offer for my BGS 9.5 Montero Orange Au

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
jdacunha said:
Holy crap...

I tried to get more $$$ out of him and asked for $1325. He just sent me a paypal $$$ and said decided to not mess around and here is the $$$.

What do you guys thing?

He said he would mutually agree not to complete the transaction to save me $$$

I'll say this really nicely....

Do you have a major malfunction of some sort?

Take the sale and be happy. Greed will only end in bad karma.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
NECpilgrims8 said:
jdacunha said:
Holy crap...

I tried to get more $$$ out of him and asked for $1325. He just sent me a paypal $$$ and said decided to not mess around and here is the $$$.

What do you guys thing?

He said he would mutually agree not to complete the transaction to save me $$$

I'll say this really nicely....

Do you have a major malfunction of some sort?

Take the sale and be happy. Greed will only end in bad karma.

I sent him a message before I clicked accept...he agreed to what I offered and never sent me a message agreeing...just sent me paypal $ as a gift.

Before I sent it out...Are there any risks??? Can a sender revoke the gift?

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
cgilmo said:
Matt Damon was the bomb in Phantoms

oh and if he sends as a gift, he has no protection what so ever

absolutely stupid of an ebay buyer to do that

so all the risk is on him, right? I am going to send out the card, but I can't get screwed can I?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
jdacunha said:
cgilmo said:
so all the risk is on him, right? I am going to send out the card, but I can't get screwed can I?
You can by eBay as they are starting to pay more attention to mutually cancelled transactions.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
jdacunha said:
cgilmo said:

In theory, no, you cannot get screwed. He sent as a gift, so there is no transaction to track.

As far as I know you can't even file a dispute on a gift payment.

Although, the fact that you went back to him for more money says something about you. Man, just accept the damn offer and be done with it.

And Pharis, that is true of ANY transaction.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
cgilmo said:
jdacunha said:
cgilmo said:

In theory, no, you cannot get screwed. He sent as a gift, so there is no transaction to track.

Although, the fact that you went back to him for more money says something about you. Man, just accept the damn offer and be done with it.

another seller sent me a message saying that he would offer me more...

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
cgilmo said:
jdacunha said:
cgilmo said:

I was going to say that as well, i dont think JD has ever started a thread when he doesnt start to look like a d-bag by the end. he gets an amazing offer and even with that, asks for more money...

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
All the risk's are NOT on him, as Paypal wipes there hands free of any problem's when the payment is in the form of a "gift". If he pays with his credit card as a "gift" through PP then he can wait until he receives the card & do a chargeback, Paypal will then refund the fund's from your account & thier hand's are out of it (as there is no way they are going to repay the buyer/credit card co. out of thier own pocket).

If you do not trust the buyer (or in a different situation if you're the buyer & don't trust the seller) then do not accept gift payment through Paypal....simple as that (only use this when dealing with a friend or someone you trust as you CAN be screwed whether buying or selling)!

Good Luck on your transaction, Dave. :D

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
I am amazed that people need SO much reinforcement on no-brainer sales like this.

If you can't accept the good fortune given to you without trying to greed your way into more money, you deserve a paypal issue, IMO.

This entire thread is making you look like someone to not deal with.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
HoustonTeams4Me said:
All the risk's are NOT on him, as Paypal wipes there hands free of any problem's when the payment is in the form of a "gift". If he pays with his credit card as a "gift" through PP then he can wait until he receives the card & do a chargeback, Paypal will then refund the fund's from your account & thier hand's are out of it (as there is no way they are going to repay the buyer/credit card co. out of thier own pocket).

If you do not trust the buyer (or in a different situation if you're the buyer & don't trust the seller) then do not accept gift payment through Paypal....simple as that (only use this when dealing with a friend or someone you trust as you CAN be screwed whether buying or selling)!

Good Luck on your transaction, Dave. :D

Thanked. Never thought to look at it like that.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Is there a way to know if this was a credit card transaction or if he sent it from his paypal balance? If he did it through his paypal balance, there nothing he can do.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
jdacunha said:
Is there a way to know if this was a credit card transaction or if he sent it from his paypal balance? If he did it through his paypal balance, there nothing he can do.

see, now it sounds like you are trying to pull one over on him.

No, there is no way to tell what source of funds he used.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Send him his gift back and take regular payment. You will have better piece of mind and can stop asking everyone the same question over and over.

"If it is too good to be true it probably is."

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
cgilmo said:
jdacunha said:

He's slipping further and further.....into the dbag zone.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
cgilmo said:
jdacunha said:

no way, I just want to make sure this is the safe way.

Members online

Latest posts