Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your franchise's Mt. Rushmore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I guess I'll do Green Bay too

Favre
Starr
Lombardi
Lambeau

With the older teams, you should be required to list the great coaches, so Chicago MUST put Halas up there.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Patriots:

Tom Brady, Stanley Morgan, Troy Brown, Adam Vinatieri (a kicker? are you serious? well he was clutch damnit)

This was pretty tough. Could've also put: Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Ty Law, Ben Coates, Randy Moss, John Hannah, Wes Welker, Andre Tippett, Mike Haynes, Teddy Bruschi

I feel the 3 of the 4 I picked will not be there in 5 years though. I think Welker will eventually replace Morgan or Brown.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
nborton said:
These best represent the Lions history:

Andre Ware
Joey Harrington
Charles Rogers
Mike Williams

Anyone good is an anomaly and doesn't deserve to be etched in stone, and forever associated with the Lions.

after the early start you might want to consider Stafford. he's done as well as any other QB.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
markakis8 said:
Patriots:

Tom Brady, Stanley Morgan, Troy Brown, Adam Vinatieri (a kicker? are you serious? well he was clutch damnit)

This was pretty tough. Could've also put: Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Ty Law, Ben Coates, Randy Moss, John Hannah, Wes Welker, Andre Tippett, Mike Haynes, Teddy Bruschi

I feel the 3 of the 4 I picked will not be there in 5 years though. I think Welker will eventually replace Morgan or Brown.

I think John Hannah over any non-Brady player. He was, afterall, the best offensive lineman of all-time. Two different all-decade teams. He defined the position. Hey, if you are going to put a kicker on, you can surely put an o-lineman on! :D

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Gwynn545 said:
markakis8 said:
Patriots:

I think John Hannah over any non-Brady player. He was, afterall, the best offensive lineman of all-time. Two different all-decade teams. He defined the position. Hey, if you are going to put a kicker on, you can surely put an o-lineman on! :D

Yeah I seriously considered it. If there was a 5th spot, it probably would be him. I almost put him over Vinatieri but Hannah's leg didn't win us two Super Bowls.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
Patriots:

There is no New England Patriots today if not for Drew Bledsoe, he has to be there over anyone including Brady I would say. My list would be Brady, Bledsoe, Tippett, and Hannah. If we go beyond players, then Brady, Bledsoe, Kraft, and Belichick.

I'll stress it again, the Patriots are in St Louis without Drew Bledsoe reviving the football fanbase in NE. Brady may be a slight tick ahead of him, but if not for his success Brady would have played elsewhere.

That's why my votes would be the four players in Patriots History that should be or are in the NFL Hall of Fame.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Rams - under consideration: Van Brocklin, Hirsch, Waterfield, Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Tom Mack, Henry Ellard, Jack Youngblood, Warner, Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Dickerson, Holt, Jackie Slater

I'll go with Jack Youngblood, Deacon Jones, Bruce and Faulk. I'd love to put 'em all on there - in my mind they're all deserving. A few of them may be more deserving than Youngblood, but it's my list, and he's the reason I became a Rams fan.

edit: changed my mind. Dickerson is out, Bruce is in.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
beefycheddar said:
markakis8 said:
Patriots:

There is no New England Patriots today if not for Drew Bledsoe, he has to be there over anyone including Brady I would say. My list would be Brady, Bledsoe, Tippett, and Hannah. If we go beyond players, then Brady, Bledsoe, Kraft, and Belichick.

I'll stress it again, the Patriots are in St Louis without Drew Bledsoe reviving the football fanbase in NE. Brady may be a slight tick ahead of him, but if not for his success Brady would have played elsewhere.

That's why my votes would be the four players in Patriots History that should be or are in the NFL Hall of Fame.

You certainly know better than I. I'm strictly speaking from a fan in PA that's never been to a Patriots game :oops: :(

Bledsoe is STILL my all-time favorite Patriot. He is who got me liking the Patriots. I still remember the day and how pissed I was that Brady took his job. And I will forever remember the AFC Championship game that he started to take us to our first Super Bowl win.

I supposed I was thinking more statistically when picking the four that I did. If it was strictly sentimental reasons, Bledsoe would've been the first one I chose.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Vikes: Tarkenton, Carter, Randle, AP

This was tougher than I thought, and I know AP probably doesn't belong on there just yet, but no one can argue what he has meant to this franchise the past five years.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Raiders

Al Davis unfortune but true

for me

Bo Jackson
Tim Brown
Marcus Allen
Howie Long

Overall

Ken Stabler