Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Grading Ordeal continues, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Send them the card, like they asked and write that letter too, like the others have said. It is what they wanted from you, not a bunch of e-mails and photos.

Not to bag on you but your no doing what they asked, and if I was in their shoes at that point, I would ignore you as well, since it would appear you not following what we would have set-forth for some kind of resolution.

I hope this can lead to a good ending for you And remember cooler heads will prevail.

Without the damaged card in their possession, you're a scammer trying to take advantage of them.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I'm not going to send anything back to them. I paid for a service, they did not give me the service I paid for. If the card came back 100% safe, it still was not in the case I paid for. They do not need my card to know that they made an error a mistake, whatever you want to call it. 2 different times now they have had my card and neither time did the correct thing, why should it change now? An offer was made to me, 2 free cards graded and they would return my card in an authentic holder. They did none of those 3 things. On top of that, they have told me that they just did what I requested. Something is not right here and it certainly wont be made right by me having to send them my card for a 3rd time.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
You posted here asking for help and advice. Many of us, who are obviously considerably more mature and worldy than you, gave you our time and said advice. You thumbed your nose at us.

And with that, I'm done helping you. I'm not going to try to convince you to help yourself. Enjoy your damaged card. Complaint to whomever you want, but if you're not going to play the game, you're not going to get what you want.

Our departed friend, Rich G., had a name for folks like you.

Last edited:

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
You posted here asking for help and advice. Many of us, who are obviously considerably more mature and worldy than you, gave you our time and said advice. You thumbed your nose at us.

And with that, I'm done helping you. I'm not going to try to convince you to help yourself. Enjoy your damaged card.

Thanks for letting me know your more "worldy" than me. Real Mature.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
You've actually gotten some very good advice. I appreciate how upset you are that you have not been treated in the manner that you deserve, but I cannot imagine a company anywhere that would remedy the situation on your word alone. It's not unreasonable that they want to see the card and any other evidence that shows what damage occurred and how this happened.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
You've actually gotten some very good advice. I appreciate how upset you are that you have not been treated in the manner that you deserve, but I cannot imagine a company anywhere that would remedy the situation on your word alone. It's not unreasonable that they want to see the card and any other evidence that shows what damage occurred and how this happened.

Once again, the card was supposed to be sent back in an Authentic holder. They sent the card to me in a flimsy penny holder. The fact that damage occurred is an entirely different story and it just adds to what happened.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Given Mr. Gibbons' reactions to attempts to help him here, deaconblues63, I suspect there is a large part of the story that's been left out, and I believe he's being treated by Beckett exactly how he deserves.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Once again, the card was supposed to be sent back in an Authentic holder. They sent the card to me in a flimsy penny holder. The fact that damage occurred is an entirely different story and it just adds to what happened.

What is a penny holder? And the cut fit in that?

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
What is a penny holder? And the cut fit in that?

One of these:
fyVMtP8A

And it didn't fit safely, the card was forced into the holder.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012

But your complaint does not seem to be limited to the fact that it was not sent back in an Authentic holder. Your complaint would appear to be that they failed to properly follow your submission instructions, they failed to honor their offer to rectify the situation and compensate you for the trouble and that they damaged the card. Once again, it doesn't seem unreasonable that they want to see everything related to these claims.

This is a very nice card and I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment. Did you use to have it displayed in your signature on the old Beckett site?

Best of luck in finding a resolution.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Would love to see scans of the card before it was sent to BGS and scans of the card after it was returned from BGS.
Also, since you are new to grading as you stated earlier, all cards sent to BGS for grading should be sent in a simi-ridged holder. It states this clearly on their submission form. Any cards not graded are returned in simi-ridged holders as well.

I understand that BGS was supposed to yadda yadda blah blah blah... Sounds like a case of miscommunication. You should have a copy of the form Jeromy is talking about. Where it say to return to you ungraded at the bottom. That means ungraded. Maybe, since you are new to grading, you meant authenticated but said ungraded. Since authenticated really is ungraded you didn't communicate this specifically to him. And since he didn't originally do the order, how was he supposed to know the difference?

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
from what I've heard from your side, I wouldn't send anything back either. I also do understand that from their point of view they could see you as a scammer too. it's a essentially your word verses their word, and neither will budge. it will be a lot harder to get anything done if you don't send the card in, but I wouldn't send it in either if everything disclosed is all the information on the situation. your order was screwed up twice, you received no promised free gradings, you paid for that poor poor service, and your card is damaged now. why would you ever consider sending it back to them. again I understand that there's not much they can do if you don't send it back to him, but why would you send it back to him if this is all the information that there is. I'm not sure how to help, but if you're not withholding information I'm on your side.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Worldliness is knowing that since it says "CARD SAVER" in the graphic, it's actually called (wait for it) a Card Saver. A penny sleeve is the thin piece of plastic with the thickness of clingwrap.

True. I actually prefer card savers to top loaders. Less movement in the holder itself

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Worldliness is knowing that since it says "CARD SAVER" in the graphic, it's actually called (wait for it) a Card Saver. A penny sleeve is the thin piece of plastic with the thickness of clingwrap.

Which is what the part of the card was in that was damaged....the part that was inside the card saver was safe for the most part. Minus the fact that the card saver was not thick enough to be holding a thick card.
2012-11-14_11-53-10_7921.jpg

2012-11-14_11-52-51_871.jpg

2012-11-13_14-04-40_745.jpg

Last edited:

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Would love to see scans of the card before it was sent to BGS and scans of the card after it was returned from BGS.
Also, since you are new to grading as you stated earlier, all cards sent to BGS for grading should be sent in a simi-ridged holder. It states this clearly on their submission form. Any cards not graded are returned in simi-ridged holders as well.

I understand that BGS was supposed to yadda yadda blah blah blah... Sounds like a case of miscommunication. You should have a copy of the form Jeromy is talking about. Where it say to return to you ungraded at the bottom. That means ungraded. Maybe, since you are new to grading, you meant authenticated but said ungraded. Since authenticated really is ungraded you didn't communicate this specifically to him. And since he didn't originally do the order, how was he supposed to know the difference?

Ok, first he did do the original order back when I originally sent the card in the first time. Second, he asked me if I wanted to do a min grade on the card and I said yes, I wanted to card in the Authentic holder if it did not get a 9. When it came back 8.5 and I was back at the show I made it very clear to him what the issue was and he said he fully understood what I wanted. I even asked him, should I crack the card out and resubmit it and he said they would do that and just put it in the same holder with a different label. Here is a scan of my paperwork and it says "RECASE", nothing about ungraded.

BGSreceipt.jpg

Members online

Latest posts