Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Grading Ordeal continues, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I can't see visible damage. Maybe that's just me.

All I see is some damage to the upper right corner of the card....the upper left in the pictures. Seems like minor damage and without a scan prior to being sent in it's hard to say if it was there to start with.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
You wouldn't have a "tone" if they F'd up your card G?

When one comes to a message board to solicit the advice of collectors with significantly more life and collecting experience then one has, then refuses to acknowledge the advice, thank the userbase for their time, and do anything other than act like a child throwing a tantrum, the userbase can form their own opinion as to the tone used with BGS.

While BGS may have done what they're accused of, if they're confronted with a whiny, accusing XXXXX, they're not going to bend over backwards.

Catch more flies with honey......

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That card could never slide out of a card saver.

Oh, they can. Especially in a box where they have something solid to bounce into. I've had cards come out of them before but never that much. Maybe just barely clearing the top. But of course most of mine come in bubble mailers.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
When one comes to a message board to solicit the advice of collectors with significantly more life and collecting experience then one has, then refuses to acknowledge the advice, thank the userbase for their time, and do anything other than act like a child throwing a tantrum, the userbase can form their own opinion as to the tone used with BGS.

While BGS may have done what they're accused of, if they're confronted with a whiny, accusing XXXXX, they're not going to bend over backwards.

Catch more flies with honey......

You need to relax man.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
You posted here asking for help and advice. Many of us, who are obviously considerably more mature and worldy than you, gave you our time and said advice. You thumbed your nose at us.

And with that, I'm done helping you. I'm not going to try to convince you to help yourself. Enjoy your damaged card. Complaint to whomever you want, but if you're not going to play the game, you're not going to get what you want.

Our departed friend, Rich G., had a name for folks like you.

So he might not have liked your advice. Big deal, get over yourself. Just because you gave it doesn't mean he has to kiss your ass, like your answer, and praise you for it. You volunteered to enter this thread and post, good on you. Seems you're more butt hurt because he didn't fawn all over you.

With the way you've carried yourself in this thread, I think calling yourself mature is a little much.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Worldliness is knowing that since it says "CARD SAVER" in the graphic, it's actually called (wait for it) a Card Saver. A penny sleeve is the thin piece of plastic with the thickness of clingwrap.

If those thick cards slide out of those holders, then what is the correct way to send these to BGS so this doesn't happen to anyone else?Top loader and team bag?

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Well, what else can you do? BGS said to send them the card. You said no.

Your only other options left are:
a) physically visit BGS HQ and see where that gets you
b) contact an attorney about legal options

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
So he might not have liked your advice. Big deal, get over yourself. Just because you gave it doesn't mean he has to kiss your ass, like your answer, and praise you for it. You volunteered to enter this thread and post, good on you. Seems you're more butt hurt because he didn't fawn all over you.

With the way you've carried yourself in this thread, I think calling yourself mature is a little much.

.................Dude that just makes me laugh!!:D Just got back to this thread and it made me laugh out loud, thank you for a great Friday morning so far!! and by the way I do agree with what you said 100%..:cool:

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Ok, first he did do the original order back when I originally sent the card in the first time. Second, he asked me if I wanted to do a min grade on the card and I said yes, I wanted to card in the Authentic holder if it did not get a 9. When it came back 8.5 and I was back at the show I made it very clear to him what the issue was and he said he fully understood what I wanted. I even asked him, should I crack the card out and resubmit it and he said they would do that and just put it in the same holder with a different label. Here is a scan of my paperwork and it says "RECASE", nothing about ungraded.

BGSreceipt.jpg

This is the paper work that came back to you in the mail. I asked about the one you got directly from Jeromy at the show. The same one Jeromy asked you about in one of his emails.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
This is the paper work that came back to you in the mail. I asked about the one you got directly from Jeromy at the show. The same one Jeromy asked you about in one of his emails.

He never gave me one at the show. I got a pink copy from the card I paid to get graded and it did not say a thing about the Williams. I asked customer service to send me a copy or picture of the paper hes talking about and they said they didn't have one....which is obviously convenient.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
He never gave me one at the show. I got a pink copy from the card I paid to get graded and it did not say a thing about the Williams. I asked customer service to send me a copy or picture of the paper hes talking about and they said they didn't have one....which is obviously convenient.

Seems to me if I am leaving a high dollar card in someone else's hand I make dang sure that I have a receipt to show I left the high dollar card in someone's hand. Leaving the table without a receipt was your fault and NOT a convenience for Beckett. Accept the responsibility....do what you have to do as others have told you or chalk up the situation up to experience and walk away.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
You posted here asking for help and advice. Many of us, who are obviously considerably more mature and worldy than you, gave you our time and said advice. You thumbed your nose at us.

And with that, I'm done helping you. I'm not going to try to convince you to help yourself. Enjoy your damaged card. Complaint to whomever you want, but if you're not going to play the game, you're not going to get what you want.

Our departed friend, Rich G., had a name for folks like you.

A Rich G Reference!!! I miss that crabby middle age man!!!

Bravo Jeff. I wonder how many remember Rich on this board.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
A Rich G Reference!!! I miss that crabby middle age man!!!
Bravo Jeff. I wonder how many remember Rich on this board.
Rich G... the crotchety man with a heart of gold. Sometimes he'd just send Beckett board members a package of gold just for agreeing with him during a heated argument. I remember getting a box full of autographs because I sincerely told him he made a good point about something that he was being bashed on.
I was one of the fortunate few who he didn't call, "Idiot!" when he had a few too many cold ones to drink.
Good times. RIP Rich G.

Members online

Latest posts