Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
There is a seller with the 35mm slides from the 1998 Sports Illustrated set up, prices seem reasonable. Got Clark for $8, just something different. May want to take a look
Ryan

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
th

The Crusades and Call To Arms both have their own Special Look to Them
90s.jpg

SEXY! Now that we have seen the top does the bottom look as good? HUMMMM?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
There is a seller with the 35mm slides from the 1998 Sports Illustrated set up, prices seem reasonable. Got Clark for $8, just something different. May want to take a look
Ryan

I never quite understood why all the slides, negatives and positives are generally so inexpensive. Maybe part of its an authenticity thing, but I've seen graded slides, etc go pretty cheaply.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I never quite understood why all the slides, negatives and positives are generally so inexpensive. Maybe part of its an authenticity thing, but I've seen graded slides, etc go pretty cheaply.

Yeah, for $8 to have a photo match to a card is worth it to me. I've paid more for less so its a nice addition. I've never looked at a graded slide, who offers that ?

Ryan

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah, for $8 to have a photo match to a card is worth it to me. I've paid more for less so its a nice addition. I've never looked at a graded slide, who offers that ?

Ryan

I've seen Beckett slab pretty much all this stuff. I expect in many instances they'll require additional proof that the item is indeed authentic.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Live box break tonight of 1996, 1997, 1998 and 1999 (plus 2000, 2001 and 2002) of Topps Gallery Hobby Boxes. Hoping for some sweet 90's inserts! Check box break forum for thread.

Keep me in mind if you pull a 1997 Topps Gallery Player's Private Issue #29 Ryne Sandberg.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Boy, if you took out [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION]'s picture of his Griffey Shrine, we'd still be on Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #1...:D

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Interesting idea. I think there could be a lot of fun top ten lists we could make. The "most valuable" sometimes ends up not being narrow enough. Maybe instead of top ten, it could be ten of the... like ten of the most confusing issues, ten of the most unintentionally rare issues, ten of the most misunderstood issues/redemptions, ten of the highest-selling Griffey issues, ten of the toughest promos, etc. This would be a fun series, but we'd be creating competition for ourselves.

Sometimes I think we need to make a list of issues that were backdoored, or even rumored (with some evidence) of being backdoored. Help each other and other collectors from paying too much (like 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Golds - I feel so bad when I see how much they go for on ebay!).

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Interesting idea. I think there could be a lot of fun top ten lists we could make. The "most valuable" sometimes ends up not being narrow enough. Maybe instead of top ten, it could be ten of the... like ten of the most confusing issues, ten of the most unintentionally rare issues, ten of the most misunderstood issues/redemptions, ten of the highest-selling Griffey issues, ten of the toughest promos, etc. This would be a fun series, but we'd be creating competition for ourselves.

Sometimes I think we need to make a list of issues that were backdoored, or even rumored (with some evidence) of being backdoored. Help each other and other collectors from paying too much (like 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Golds - I feel so bad when I see how much they go for on ebay!).

yeah I had a hard time figuring out how to phrase it... different catagories would be a better way to go.

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
I have been told a few times that the 1997 pinnacle mirror golds had at least a couple runs of 30. Anybody have accurate information on how many were actually released? I always see them listed on eBay with a print run of 30.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts