Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I have been told a few times that the 1997 pinnacle mirror golds had at least a couple runs of 30. Anybody have accurate information on how many were actually released? I always see them listed on eBay with a print run of 30.

Don't know the exact number produced, but there are at least 53 in this pic:

1997SelectCertifiedMirrorGoldTonyClarks.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I have been told a few times that the 1997 pinnacle mirror golds had at least a couple runs of 30. Anybody have accurate information on how many were actually released? I always see them listed on eBay with a print run of 30.

I have calculated the print run to somewhere between 85-100 on golds, 135-150 on blue, and 175 on reds.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Had my most interesting ebay experience yet...

I saw a great card on a BIN for $50 and hit it as fast as I could. That was back on Friday, March 29th. I tried to play it cool, but to test the waters to see if my quick trigger finger aroused suspicion or if someone backdoored me, I contacted the seller and asked when I might expect to receive the card.

He replied very quickly and said it would go out Monday or Tuesday. About a week went by with no card, no message, no tracking. I messaged him again asking about the card. Then, when looking at his profile and such, I noticed that he in fact sold the card twice on a $50 BIN - the first one being a week before mine. Exact same card.

By this time TWO tracking numbers were attached to my item - neither of which were "active." I messaged him again pointing out the two sales, the two tracking numbers, etc. with no response. A few days ago one of the tracking numbers became active. I thought, "yeah, right - this is going to be an empty envelope."

Yesterday I got it and recorded myself opening the package. I'll be damned... it was in there. And I still haven't heard from the seller :rolleyes:

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-cards-picture15944-mike-piazza-1999-metal-pmg.jpg

Why the sour face, Mike?

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-cards-picture15945-mike-piazza-face.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Had my most interesting ebay experience yet...

I saw a great card on a BIN for $50 and hit it as fast as I could. That was back on Friday, March 29th. I tried to play it cool, but to test the waters to see if my quick trigger finger aroused suspicion or if someone backdoored me, I contacted the seller and asked when I might expect to receive the card.

He replied very quickly and said it would go out Monday or Tuesday. About a week went by with no card, no message, no tracking. I messaged him again asking about the card. Then, when looking at his profile and such, I noticed that he in fact sold the card twice on a $50 BIN - the first one being a week before mine. Exact same card.

By this time TWO tracking numbers were attached to my item - neither of which were "active." I messaged him again pointing out the two sales, the two tracking numbers, etc. with no response. A few days ago one of the tracking numbers became active. I thought, "yeah, right - this is going to be an empty envelope."

Yesterday I got it and recorded myself opening the package. I'll be damned... it was in there. And I still haven't heard from the seller :rolleyes:

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-cards-picture15944-mike-piazza-1999-metal-pmg.jpg

Why the sour face, Mike?

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-cards-picture15945-mike-piazza-face.jpg

That's funny story.

As for videoing yourself opening the package, I too have done this... do you really think that'll help you in the case of there not being a card in the package or something? I've always thought about this.

Anyways, great card and congrats!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
That's funny story.

As for videoing yourself opening the package, I too have done this... do you really think that'll help you in the case of there not being a card in the package or something? I've always thought about this.

Anyways, great card and congrats!

Good question. I did this for a few reasons: 1. The seller aroused suspicion; 2. I had my FlipVideo handy; 3. The package wasn't sealed - only the clasp was tightened and the scotch tape had so little adhesive that it was already partially peeled off the envelope; 4. The package had tracking, so even though ebay sides heavily with buyers I wanted some proof that while I received the package as USPS shows, it was empty or other shenanigans. I thought I had heard that recording the opening of a package can help a case on PayPal, but I might be totally making that up.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Boy, if you took out @magicpapa's picture of his Griffey Shrine, we'd still be on Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #1...:D

Thank You Gwynn545, even tho I'm sure that wasnt a Complement......... hehe

What is your favorite from that beautiful group of Griffey cards?
I'd say the Sunset Beach picture would be my Fav in My Curio above any and all Griffeys in there :)

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
I'd say the Sunset Beach picture would be my Fav in My Curio above any and all Griffeys in there :)
I thought you might want to say that, so I worded the question carefully to avoid that answer. ;-)

It's probably a tough question, and maybe a little unfair as they likely all have their soft spots in your collector's heart. :D

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Pretty excited about my 1999 Black Diamond Mystery Numbers Emerald Edition Jeff Bagwell #1 /22 thats in the mail! Haven't seen these before. I'm sure you guys have tho... Lets see em!

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Thanks guys! [MENTION=2711]HEAVYHITTER[/MENTION]...Is it gonna be as cool as I think it is? Can't believe I never even knew about this set

Members online