Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors-What 90s cards are the toughest to find for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How many cards are on a sheet?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Asked myself this as well. If you knew who was per sheet or how many, it would help narrow down potentially who is all out there.

Another question would be how much of this product do you think is still out there unopened? Can't be that much but who knows.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Shortly after I launched my site, I had someone email me about the Sandberg Mirror Black. 1) I was very ignorant about the card. 2) I had an extremely limited budget at the time. She held an email "auction." I have no idea who all was involved or how much it supposedly went for. My PC had crashed since then, so I lost that email. I can't remember if she had sent a photo of the card or not.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Shortly after I launched my site, I had someone email me about the Sandberg Mirror Black. 1) I was very ignorant about the card. 2) I had an extremely limited budget at the time. She held an email "auction." I have no idea who all was involved or how much it supposedly went for. My PC had crashed since then, so I lost that email. I can't remember if she had sent a photo of the card or not.

Damn. How much do you think it went for? Or guess?

---

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

I remember this person, and several others like her, the card was a base and not mirror.

Guys, don't think about the sheet for production, the insertion was far more complex. Print run 4 and 5 for Pinnacle Certified was a money grab and a long story. For the cards/sheet know that Mo Vaughn is card 2 and the McGwire CS is toward the end. Just know that these are indeed a white whale and that you have a better shot of seeing a Yetti. You will read far fetched web posts like "I have two of them", until you see the card and match it to a known Mirror Black be very cautious. I would also assume that there are more in sealed wax than common boxes......and I don't think either is in double digits or even close.

My guess is that far fewer than 50 total cards made it into packs, most were caught by quality control and shredded.

After a few hit the streets Pinnacle saw the popularity and planned Mirror Blacks for an official insert for 1998.

Last edited:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008

Damn. How much do you think it went for? Or guess?

---

If she did make everyone believe it were the black, I would think $500 just because of her method of trying to sell it. But after seeing GC's reply, I sure hope that wasn't the case.

I remember this person, and several others like her, the card was a base and not mirror.

Guys, don't think about the sheet for production, the insertion was far more complex. Print run 4 and 5 for Pinnacle Certified was a money grab and a long story. For the cards/sheet know that Mo Vaughn is card 2 and the McGwire CS is toward the end. Just know that these are indeed a white whale and that you have a better shot of seeing a Yetti. You will read far fetched web posts like "I have two of them", until you see the card and match it to a known Mirror Black be very cautious. I would also assume that there are more in sealed wax than common boxes......and I don't think either is in double digits or even close.

My guess is that far fewer than 50 total cards made it into packs, most were caught by quality control and shredded.

After a few hit the streets Pinnacle saw the popularity and planned Mirror Blacks for an official insert for 1998.

This is good to know (I think). I am now glad I could not afford that card at the time. Thanks for the info.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Which player has more of a card chase following you guys think....
Griffey
Ripken
Anyone else worth mentioning.... McGwire / Bonds?

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Griffey
Ripken

Will Clarks always go crazy high. Rare Kirby Puckett stuff always brings way more than people think. Other than the top guys though I think prices really depend on what the sets collectors are doing.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
For some reason Olerud's mid-90's Blue Jays stadium giveaway cards have been tough for me to find. I just recently obtained the 1994 version from a fellow Olerud collector, but it's autographed, which not the most desirable for me. The 1995 version has shown up once that I've seen on eBay; and never on COMC, Beckett Marketplace, or Sportlots. The one on eBay was also autographed but I'm still kicking myself for not buying it.

I'm not sure how many team sets were given away at the time, probably 20 or 25 thousand. Many probably were thrown out, given to kids, or otherwise destroyed. A few are probably still in the collections of Jays collectors who don't want to break up the team sets.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
NY Tony; said:
Griffey
Ripken

I've been here a couple years and never see any Bonds activity. Does anyone still collect him?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Haven't seen her on in a long time. But there was another collector here who also does Biggio big time. Trust me. They're out there.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Don't know off the top of my head. Check the 90's thread for Biggio stuff. He used to post in there.

Members online

Latest posts