Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~Good Tuesday Morning Thread~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Don't have too many plans for today. I do know that I want to get over to my grandparents' house to borrow their scanner. I need to scan my box break from the weekend and I also need to scan the Ted Lyons signed reprint card that [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] sent to me. Huge shout out to him for helping me with my HOF Auto collection

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good morning guys. Don't have too many plans for today. I do know that I want to get over to my grandparents' house to borrow their scanner. I need to scan my box break from the weekend and I also need to scan the Ted Lyons signed reprint card that [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] sent to me. Huge shout out to him for helping me with my HOF Auto collection

Awesome job Michael and can't wait to see the scans Zach. In regards to an earlier post about Hemingford, been there quite a few times and Jen has some family there too.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Good morning Men!
We are having a bunch of people over tonight for some hi-jinx.
Won't get to crazy though, we will have lots of kids running around.
Should be a good time.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good morning. Typically my last day to go hunting for whitetail but decided to be lazy and spend the day at home.

Up in your navigation bar you should have a symbol that looks like a broken page/piece of paper. Click on it and that should fix your problem.

Let's see...

Yes it worked! but now the floating bar is right adjusted and only on half the page... wtf lol

New computer and you'd think things would be bullet proof - at least that's why I purchased it ;)

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
G'morning fellas.

Congrats on the anniversary Mac! [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]

My wife and I will celebrate our 5th, on January 3rd

Can the MTers help me out? I'm trying to figure out exactly why the trade boards died, and how we can get them going again. There is a good chance that we start a trader of the month award where the winner gets 15 FCB bucks each month, and Chris is working on a trade manager. Anything else you guys can think of?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
G'morning fellas.

Congrats on the anniversary Mac! @MansGame

My wife and I will celebrate our 5th, on January 3rd

Can the MTers help me out? I'm trying to figure out exactly why the trade boards died, and how we can get them going again. There is a good chance that we start a trader of the month award where the winner gets 15 FCB bucks each month, and Chris is working on a trade manager. Anything else you guys can think of?

Thanks man!

As for the transaction thread, I'll be honest, I don't use it much (other than my own Belle want thread) but I can offer you my thoughts - I'd pass on the trader of the month idea, just doesn't do anything for me and it might drive fake activity, etc. I think one way to help with it is to encourage people to post pictures and post prices "to sell" for sales. One thing I'd point you to is when we did the "tables" to raise money... I think everyone sold stuff and even I dropped in and bought stuff... something about the "table" idea in the title made it feel like you were just jumping from table to table to see what was for sale. Just lack of pictures and prices "to sell" doesn't encourage me to go over there as much.

What about if a member follows simple rules, they get a sticky for their thread? Meaning if it's a meaningful sales table thread with pictures and prices to sell, you get a sticky and that'll help drive activity on both sides because I'll know that if a thread is a sale thread and a sticky, I'll know it meets the criteria and is worth my time to jump into? Just an idea but something to chew on ;)

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Good morning guys. Don't have too many plans for today. I do know that I want to get over to my grandparents' house to borrow their scanner. I need to scan my box break from the weekend and I also need to scan the Ted Lyons signed reprint card that @michaelstepper sent to me. Huge shout out to him for helping me with my HOF Auto collection

Hey Zack. What are your plans with the Joc Pederson chrome auto?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I think the trader award will be good. It works well on SCF, but fcb bucks are real money, as opposed to card cash over there (which can score some nice stuff)

There will be stipulations on it though.

Thanks man!

As for the transaction thread, I'll be honest, I don't use it much (other than my own Belle want thread) but I can offer you my thoughts - I'd pass on the trader of the month idea, just doesn't do anything for me and it might drive fake activity, etc. I think one way to help with it is to encourage people to post pictures and post prices "to sell" for sales. One thing I'd point you to is when we did the "tables" to raise money... I think everyone sold stuff and even I dropped in and bought stuff... something about the "table" idea in the title made it feel like you were just jumping from table to table to see what was for sale. Just lack of pictures and prices "to sell" doesn't encourage me to go over there as much.

What about if a member follows simple rules, they get a sticky for their thread? Meaning if it's a meaningful sales table thread with pictures and prices to sell, you get a sticky and that'll help drive activity on both sides because I'll know that if a thread is a sale thread and a sticky, I'll know it meets the criteria and is worth my time to jump into? Just an idea but something to chew on ;)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
@catdaddycards - Cool cool... it was just my opinion. I don't know how it works elsewhere, so maybe I should check that out first before passing judgment. The FCB bucks seems to be cool and working, so that being the "award" would be good.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Today is my second wedding anniversary - so going to spend the day out and about. Nice dinner tonight and some drinks with friends. Dallas puts on a show every year for NYE, so might check that out.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Happy Anniversary Mac, my wife's 12 year will be in May. Hoping for a good retirement from it. Lol

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Hey Zack. What are your plans with the Joc Pederson chrome auto?

I'm really thinking that I'm going to hold on to it for now. They look to be slightly on the rise as it is right now, but I see them getting even higher in the future. Its a tough choice though as I do need to raise some funds for Twinsfest

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Let's see...

Yes it worked! but now the floating bar is right adjusted and only on half the page... wtf lol

New computer and you'd think things would be bullet proof - at least that's why I purchased it ;)

"Floating bar", not sure. Can anyone else help with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts