Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps Archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
After seeing the Ozzie Smith cards it appears that they selected one card set/type released during those playing career. How does this play out for other players? Do some have several card type with a same year?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Draft always comes out near Christmas and I don't ever see those sales hurting. At the same time offseason prices do generally dip overall but new releases are new releases. Addicts gonna pay no matter what time of year :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I think your off in that this was a BuyBack only release, meaning you buy a pack you get one. Recollection Autos were randomly distributed in packs and tough to pull.

Ryan

Im mainly speaking as a player collector for cards when they hit the secondary market. The rise I forsee may not be for another year or two, and that is mainly because I look at my want list and drool over the cards of yesteryear that are low numbered which I may never see.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
After seeing the Ozzie Smith cards it appears that they selected one card set/type released during those playing career. How does this play out for other players? Do some have several card type with a same year?
So far for O'neill they repeat years. I have seen a

1992 Topps /19
1992 Topps gold winner parallels /19
1992 Bowman /26

I have seen the same years with Stadium Club and other products from the same year also.

The part that bothers me more is there is at least a few of his cards of his non playing years as new as '13 and '14.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think your off in that this was a BuyBack only release, meaning you buy a pack you get one. Recollection Autos were randomly distributed in packs and tough to pull.

***That doesn't mean these wont have interest

Ryan

I think the recollection autos have a decent following.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I also think both topps originals and recollection had many more obscure or bit players in them. I know there's players like Vinny Castilla and Juan Gone in this set, but I'd really wanted guys nobody was thinking of, or less popular players like Aaron and Griffey Jr. As a Yankee collector, topps originals was great with Griffey Sr (god knows I've already seen a ton of him in this release), Bert Campanaris, and Ron Kittle. And then recollection had Lee Smith, J.T. Snow and Jay Buhner. Guess I just wanted more players like that in this set

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think the recollection autos have a decent following.

Yes , I agree. My point was they have a following and have maintained value because they were hard to pull as well as being sought after. Where I see the difference with Archives is they are sought after but not really hard to pull because each pack has one. So that may have an effect on value vs the Recollections.

Ryan

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I love the idea of the buybacks, but every Henderson I have seen so far is 1/1. Why not do some /10 or /25 like the current auto's? Just makes it really hard to get one.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Hey topps

You got Ichiro, how about Nomo next year?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
That is awesome!

Thanks Tanner! Hopefully these will gather up the funds to have that custom done soon ;)

Very nice hit! Was your Grissom a Brewer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Andy! Unfortunately not, he is in an Expos uniform on this one. The Yount is in a Brewers uniform though ;)

Love that McGwire !

Ryan

Thanks a ton Ryan!

Is the Cone a Yankee and if so which one. @nevermore and myself are looking for a one as a Yankee. Thanks for your time.

No he is in his Mets uniform. I wish you both luck landing one each in Yankees gear though!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I agree, but prefer Dodgers. Great way to get some obscure team players at a decent price (usually), if they stray from the norm. Unfortunately, they recycle the same players over and over again. Obviously only hardcore team collectors would appreciate most of the more obscure players and they need people buying their products, so we don't get much variety.

Would be nice to have cards of guys like Doug Rau, Tom Paciorek and other similar fan favorites. Heritage was hitting some of the more obscure 50s and 60s players, but the dodgers have been shortchanged in those issues.

I also think both topps originals and recollection had many more obscure or bit players in them. I know there's players like Vinny Castilla and Juan Gone in this set, but I'd really wanted guys nobody was thinking of, or less popular players like Aaron and Griffey Jr. As a Yankee collector, topps originals was great with Griffey Sr (god knows I've already seen a ton of him in this release), Bert Campanaris, and Ron Kittle. And then recollection had Lee Smith, J.T. Snow and Jay Buhner. Guess I just wanted more players like that in this set

shadowking86

May 13, 2014

I agree with this. I loved the Recollection autographs because Sandy Alomar Jr. was in the set for my player collection, and for my Red Sox collection I picked up cards of players like Jason Varitek, Dwight Evans, and Carney Lansford. I keep meaning to pick up one for Tony Pena as well.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I agree, but prefer Dodgers. Great way to get some obscure team players at a decent price (usually), if they stray from the norm. Unfortunately, they recycle the same players over and over again. Obviously only hardcore team collectors would appreciate most of the more obscure players and they need people buying their products, so we don't get much variety.

Would be nice to have cards of guys like Doug Rau, Tom Paciorek and other similar fan favorites. Heritage was hitting some of the more obscure 50s and 60s players, but the dodgers have been shortchanged in those issues.

That's why I loved Topps All-Time Fan Favorites. Hit a lot of the unsung and less popular players with on card autos too-wish they would bring it back.

Thanks,
Jeff

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
After getting outbid for most of the more attractive ones and over paying for the less desired ones I am putting the brakes after chasing these. Unless it's one I can't live without I will be picky for the rest of what pops.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts