Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Running New York Yankees Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
finished an abysmal first month from the batter's box by ranking last in the majors in runs scored during April for the first time since 1984, per Elias Sports Bureau (via ESPN Stats & Info).

With just 74 runs, the so-called Bronx Bombers finished with one fewer run than a struggling Atlanta Braves team that had a 5-18 record for the month.

To put this into perspective, the Braves notched just five home runs through the month of April and still managed to outscore New York (22 home runs).

Back in 1984, the Yankees overcame a slow start to rank fourth in the American League with 758 runs. The current squad may thus have some hope, even though it enters Sunday on pace for just 545 runs, with an 8-14 record to boot.*

Second baseman Starlin Castro, who was acquired from the Chicago Cubs in the offseason, is the only regular starter with a batting average above .300—and even he is only at .305.

The leadoff and No. 2 hitters, outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner, have a combined .244 batting average, though Gardner has at least drawn enough walks (11) to maintain a .369 on-base percentage.

The beauty of baseball is that there is almost always time enough to right the ship. But with their lack depth from the rubber and struggles at the plate, the Yankees' ship seems to be sinking at a much faster pace than others.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Well everyone, nice knowing you all. I assume with the Yankees scoring 7 and CC looking like he can actually pitch the world will be ending tonight. So long sweet world

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I thought I was watching a Yankees classic.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Imagine if Arrieta pitched against this team.

They'd have to invent something BETTER than a perfect game.

Super duper game would be my guess.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I blame Giarardi for this lost.

He shoulda kept Tanaka in for at least 20 innings by which time undoubtedly they would have pushed a run across via a form not involving a bat.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Just look at it this way...the Yankees will have their first top 10 draft pick next year for the first time since 1992 when they drafted ::drumroll please:: Derek Jeter.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So if Ellsbury is going on DL, maybe the Yanks should call up a MIDDLE RELIEVER or AAAAAAA outfielder.

Anyone but Judge obviously. :confused::mad:

Members online

Latest posts