Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps 5 star design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Some people open product because it's fun.

Hey that's great. If they have the money, more power to them. But my original comment wasn't never directed at the buyer, it was at the product Topps is producing. It's a slaughterhouse out there.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I saw a box opened on video where the autos were: Will Middlebrooks, Vida Blue, Giancarlo Stanton, Bill Buckner with a Cliff Lee jumbo jersey.

Brutal right? Imagine spending $500 to get that.

Then I saw a box with Koufax auto, Mike Schmidt auto, Ryan Braun auto, Matt Kemp auto, and David Ortiz jumbo jersey. Better right? Still not selling those cards for $500 and that might be one of the best player selections you can get.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
My #1 question for Topps is why are there jumbo jerseys in this product? Jumbo patch is absolute bottom line acceptable.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
The "swatches" are ridiculous. It's as if Topps has never seen UD Exquisite or National Treasures? These guys have all the ammo in the world and fire a gun like Elmer Fudd.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Only watched the first two videos and he was like "OK, well redemption in EVERY box" and he is commenting on how every freaking card is chipped and how you should be happy for a redemption because Topps will probably send in mint... terrible... thanks for posting these videos because it's taken the edge off wanting to buy a box for $500 and stick to picking up the Belle cards on the cheap.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I think he mentions the condition so that the buyer is aware of the condition and the poor condition doesn't get blamed on the seller/box breaker.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think he mentions the condition so that the buyer is aware of the condition and the poor condition doesn't get blamed on the seller/box breaker.

You're right... I'm pointing out that it's THAT bad nearly on every card that he has to point it out... usually if you watch his breaks rarely does he have to point out something that he deems to be something that could come back to him as him damaging the cards.

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
I don't like that many of the pictures being used have already been on cards in the past. It's quite annoying and seems to be an ongoing trend with each new product

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't like that many of the pictures being used have already been on cards in the past. It's quite annoying and seems to be an ongoing trend with each new product

Funny you say that because I can't speak for other players cards but the pictures on the Belle cards have ALL been used before and literally this year, specifically Tribute and Topps base for me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
'12 Five Star... Meet '12 Tribute

$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9wj!BQowS+!L3Q~~60_57.JPG

VERSUS

$(KGrHqZ,!q!FB(-Pd5C7BQebJL3tSg~~60_57.JPG

Members online

Latest posts