Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps 5 star design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Funny you say that because I can't speak for other players cards but the pictures on the Belle cards have ALL been used before and literally this year, specifically Tribute and Topps base for me.

I assume Topps only has to pay one time for image rights that they can use over and over in multiple products. If they took the time, maybe they could purchase rights to multiple images, but then it would cost more.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I assume Topps only has to pay one time for image rights that they can use over and over in multiple products. If they took the time, maybe they could purchase rights to multiple images, but then it would cost more.

I'm going to look but so far I've seen this pic for Belle used in at least 3 or 4 Topps sets this year. If you do it in two sets, whatever... But 3 or 4 sets?!? Seriously?!? It's SAD

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Or they just keep selling everything in the Topps vault and only have a few left. My Rickey pictures are always getting recycled and it is getting painful to look at.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't think this is nitpicking but for a $500 PACK, a product called "5 star", theres a TON of players who shouldn't be in it.

I look at some of these autos & all I have to do is glance down at my store showcase & see many of the same guys autos in my $10-$20 section.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't think this is nitpicking but for a $500 PACK, a product called "5 star", theres a TON of players who shouldn't be in it.

I look at some of these autos & all I have to do is glance down at my store showcase & see many of the same guys autos in my $10-$20 section.

How many players could really fill out the checklist you envision however? I get what you're saying but in a day when athletes sign so many autographs that almost every player becomes "affordable" for collectors to acquire, the problem is over production not necessarily player quality IMO

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Might as well be the same damn set. Sad part is the Five Star is chipped all to hell and the ink looks like it's already fading.

Dawson is my all-time favorite player, but I would be pissed to pull his auto from a $200/pack product, let alone from this.

$T2eC16h,!y8E9s2fl8QDBQkc0w8q0w~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!ooFBul4Z8S7BQpG!ClsZw~~60_57.JPG

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
What are the chances this is Topps dump of "game used" memorabilia before it comes out that most of this stuff isn't game used?
I would love to know if the players received the cards in this crappy condition or when the damage was done to these cards.
If

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Have you ordered / sold any of this product in your store? Watched any get broken in person?

I can't sell this due to price in my store but ive watched nearly every vid on youtube.

Theres a bunch of reasons why a product like this is so bad for the hobby.

Unless it drops dramatically...dramatically...i couldn't carry it.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
So because your customers can't afford $500 packs of cards you're going to bash Topps for making them? My customers bought them up and had a blast opening them. I watched the fun and had a great business day. Please tell me what's so bad for the hobby? A bunch of things, please...

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
LOL!!! How'd you feel if a Belle spiked in your $500 pack?!

I'd be pissed. I don't remember anyone wanting Belle when he was playing, let-alone nowadays. To me he's just the guy that did steroids before steroids were chic.

You asked.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
So because your customers can't afford $500 packs of cards you're going to bash Topps for making them? My customers bought them up and had a blast opening them. I watched the fun and had a great business day. Please tell me what's so bad for the hobby? A bunch of things, please...

Did your customers have any complaints about most cards being damaged or pulling redemptions? Just out of curiosity how many boxes did you sell?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Holy crap! We agree on something!
Of course you and AllStars agree. You're both card shop owners. You two are the only ones on this board defending the product because it's money for you.
Meanwhile, almost every collector on every board and Youtube are blasting the product as damaged overpriced shoddy garbage.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Of course you and AllStars agree. You're both card shop owners. You two are the only ones on this board defending the product because it's money for you.
Meanwhile, almost every collector on every board and Youtube are blasting the product as damaged overpriced shoddy garbage.

The guy we are disagreeing with is a card shop owner too.

Members online

Latest posts