Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps 5 star design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
are you serious?

That's a great way to spend $5500 if you are going to buy wax.

TONS of keeper cards in that.

So you're saying $ for $ Topps Five Star is the best value for your money? I don't know if I would agree with that but I'm the last person to be having that debate because I buy very little new wax. These cards just don't seem to do anything for me and that's a lot of money.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
So you're saying $ for $ Topps Five Star is the best value for your money? I don't know if I would agree with that but I'm the last person to be having that debate because I buy very little new wax. These cards just don't seem to do anything for me and that's a lot of money.

The Aarons and Koufax don't do anything for you? Those cards are beautiful.

I'm not saying it's the best ebay return. I am saying it's the most fun rip in baseball cards right now if you got the money to blow. And in most cases I do mean blow.

It's not always about the money.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

I'm not saying it's the best ebay return. I am saying it's the most fun rip in baseball cards right now if you got the money to blow. And in most cases I do mean blow.

Fair enough... if I had the money it would be a fun rip, I agree with you.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
are you serious?

That's a great way to spend $5500 if you are going to buy wax.

TONS of keeper cards in that.

Why wouldn't I be serious? I have to ask, are YOU serious? lol

I have to assume that 95% of the people busting this wax are gambling and not keeping their cards and trying to score a big hit. If they are spending $5500 to bust wax to keep the cards, they are way more foolish than those busting this product to score a big hit.

So, if he spent $5500 to keep those cards. I'll ask this: Could he have bought all those cards for less than $3k on the secondary market?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Why wouldn't I be serious? I have to ask, are YOU serious? lol

I have to assume that 95% of the people busting this wax are gambling and not keeping their cards and trying to score a big hit. If they are spending $5500 to bust wax to keep the cards, they are way more foolish than those busting this product to score a big hit.

So, if he spent $5500 to keep those cards. I'll ask this: Could he have bought all those cards for less than $3k on the secondary market?

Some people open product because it's fun.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Ok, maybe I'm not understanding you. Is it the thrill of pulling the Koufax and Aaron and then selling them or actually keeping them? I mean, if I got "money to blow" I'd still rather spend thousands of dollars LESS and just buy singles.

Yes the cards are beautiful but that doesn't mean I want to throw a couple grand down the toilet simply to open boxes.

Members online

Latest posts