Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How does this affect Teixeira

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
topnotchsy said:
1999 Topps Traded CC Sabathia Auto: Not sure what it was getting before (think around $60 or so) but it's getting $125 now after the Yanks signed him. His spike has lasted longer than Arod's did when he signed, and it's been far more apparent than players like Damon. Not sure exactly why, though I imagine it's the combination of having just 1 RC Auto (and having one,) coming from a smaller market.

1999 Topps Traded AJ Burnett Auto: Was $10 if that much, now $40+. Obviously NY is playing a huge roll in the market, a larger roll than I have ever seen.

The above is a quote from another thread, but I wanted to take it in another direction to analyze investments.

As the title asks, how will the above information affect sales on Teixeira's RC Auto's.

Last season at this time, with the rumors swirling about Johan Santana, prices on his cards jumped significantly. This season we have not seem similar jumps during the time before a deal was struck, but in the cases of Sabathia and Burnett, huge increases have been realized after the signing. With the Yanks in the running for Tex (along with Boston) how what effects will we see on the RC Auto's of a young star who will finally (likely) be in the spotlight?

Personally I see some increases before any deal, and if he comes to NY or Boston, it could be big.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I picked up his SPX RC Auto a couple weeks ago in anticipation to him being dealt to a big market team. Let's hope it shares the same jumps as Sabathia's TT.

texspxrcauto.jpg

Personally, I think it will.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
I picked up his SPX RC Auto a couple weeks ago in anticipation to him being dealt to a big market team. Let's hope it shares the same jumps as Sabathia's TT.

I think it will jump (don't know if it will jump as high as Sabathia.) I've had my eye out for more SPx's which I think are the best shot at big increases (though the Ultimate Collections are great cards.)

I do have:

SPx
Ultimate Collection
Donruss Signature Auto /25

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:

I think it will. I've had my eye out for more SPx's which I think are the best shot at big increases (though the Ultimate Collections are great cards.)

I do have:

SPx
Ultimate Collection
Donruss Signature Auto /25

I hope so. Picked up a ult col. for that very reason, come on bos or ny!!! lol

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Johan Santana #57 said:
what about a leaf limited auto for around 40, any room to move on that??
I definitely think there's room for it to move. The Leaf Limited is an interesting card. It's /500 so 3x rarer than the SPx, but it has the sticker autograph, and doesn't have the brand recognition that the SPx has. At times it sells close to what the SPx gets, but the sales are slightly more erratic.

edit: It goes without saying that if he goes to a team like the Nats the prices will take a hit. I personally see some increases before a deal is done, especially if talks with NY/Boston heat up, and a nice spike if a deal is made with one of those two.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
exact reason i picked these up

DSC00126_edited.jpg

dave
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you get an insane deal on this one?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
I know the Teixeira collector would like that.He has what 150+ rc of him out of 500? :eek:
I think he'd like to get the other 350 first. :)

daveyou said:
Topnotchsy said:
daveyou said:
exact reason i picked these up

DSC00126_edited.jpg

dave
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you get an insane deal on this one?

yup, purchased for around $320

dave
That's an insane steal. I know I said that when you get it, but I'll say it again.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Bump this up for more thoughts. In theory this could be a real chance to make some money in a slow market if it materializes, no?

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
David Campos said:
Would you all be dissapointed if he resigns with the Angels? Since I just made my 1st of three installments on angels season tickets, I'm hoping this happens.

As an investment, yes.

As a huge Red Sox fan, definitely.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
David Campos said:
Would you all be dissapointed if he resigns with the Angels? Since I just made my 1st of three installments on angels season tickets, I'm hoping this happens.

As an investment, yes.
I agree with this 100%. I think that there will be some increases in price before he signs, especially if speculation heats up. Once he signs, if it's NY or Boston we'll see increases, if not I imagine his cards will drop (related to how much they increase before he signs.)

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Personally I see some increases before any deal, and if he comes to NY or Boston, it could be big.
Last Ultimate Collection got a $250 BIN, so prices are definitely up. Card was once one of the hottest in the hobby and near impossible to find (no one was willing to move them, ) so there still plenty of room for more increases, but I do have to wonder if it's worth selling now.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
I just read this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

So looks like it is up to NY for a huge increase, hobby-wise.
Ehhh, I'll believe it when he signs elsewhere. I don't buy stories like that for a second. Not because it couldn't have been accurate last night, but any statements made I assume are negotiation tactics.

Members online

Latest posts