Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How does this affect Teixeira

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:
I just read this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

So looks like it is up to NY for a huge increase, hobby-wise.
Ehhh, I'll believe it when he signs elsewhere. I don't buy stories like that for a second. Not because it couldn't have been accurate last night, but any statements made I assume are negotiation tactics.

I sure hope so!! The Red Sox keep saying that they will base it off of the econ and this and that, but I'm hoping it's not true.

I'm curious to see just how long negotiations can take for Tex.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
If this is where the thread is heading: :)

scan0063.jpg

ScannedImage-5.jpg
ScannedImage-6.jpg

DSCN1282.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:
I just read this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

So looks like it is up to NY for a huge increase, hobby-wise.
Ehhh, I'll believe it when he signs elsewhere. I don't buy stories like that for a second. Not because it couldn't have been accurate last night, but any statements made I assume are negotiation tactics.

I sure hope so!! The Red Sox keep saying that they will base it off of the econ and this and that, but I'm hoping it's not true.

I'm curious to see just how long negotiations can take for Tex.
I think the longer and louder the negotiations go, the more press Tex gets, and the more his cards go up.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
my selling point for the spx is $110
Last auction got $77, but before that one that started at $100 got a bid, so who knows where it will head. Of course if he gets to Boston or NY and gets hot, his name could be all over the place.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
negotiations will only go on for a few more days.

Tex has said from day 1 that He wants to know where he's going by Christmas.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Bosox3 said:
negotiations will only go on for a few more days.

Tex has said from day 1 that He wants to know where he's going by Christmas.
Would be a nice holiday gift to hobbiests if he would up in NY or Boston.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
jjj7880 said:
beefycheddar said:
jjj7880 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
once the Yankees sign Teixera and Manny, i think both Rookie Cards of theirs will be in higher demand here in New York

Maybe someone should buy this one for a nice investment!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-BOWMAN-532-MAN ... 7C294%3A50

Scan873.jpg

Maybe I should move this.......

That is sweet! Move it once he goes to NY!

Trust me, he goes to NY, and I will keep two Manny cards, my sweet spot auto, and the Home Opener card from his first game with the Sox and will sell quite a few cards of him including the BGS 10, and Red Crusade.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Last season at this time, with the rumors swirling about Johan Santana, prices on his cards jumped significantly. This season we have not seem similar jumps during the time before a deal was struck, but in the cases of Sabathia and Burnett, huge increases have been realized after the signing. With the Yanks in the running for Tex (along with Boston) how what effects will we see on the RC Auto's of a young star who will finally (likely) be in the spotlight?

Personally I see some increases before any deal, and if he comes to NY or Boston, it could be big.
I love being right :) (Not that this was something incredibly brilliant, but it definitely was a money-maker for those who caught on and bought at the end of last season, and after the season.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Topnotchsy said:
Topnotchsy said:
Last season at this time, with the rumors swirling about Johan Santana, prices on his cards jumped significantly. This season we have not seem similar jumps during the time before a deal was struck, but in the cases of Sabathia and Burnett, huge increases have been realized after the signing. With the Yanks in the running for Tex (along with Boston) how what effects will we see on the RC Auto's of a young star who will finally (likely) be in the spotlight?

Personally I see some increases before any deal, and if he comes to NY or Boston, it could be big.
I love being right :) (Not that this was something incredibly brilliant, but it definitely was a money-maker for those who caught on and bought at the end of last season, and after the season.

i think im about to rake! :D

dave

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Woot! I have 2 Tex autos; the SPX and a dual Reflections! I just got internet after a week, so I hope I'm not late!

I know I should be mad as a Red Sox fan, but as an investor first, it's awesome!

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
Woot! I have 2 Tex autos; the SPX and a dual Reflections! I just got internet after a week, so I hope I'm not late!

I know I should be mad as a Red Sox fan, but as an investor first, it's awesome!
Just checked for myself, and prices on some cards have gone up in the last couple days. They are still all selling really strong.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:

Just checked for myself, and prices on some cards have gone up in the last couple days. They are still all selling really strong.

Yep. I hope mine sell well.

Did you sell yours yet and if so, get a nice price?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
coltsfan23 said:
Topnotchsy said:
coltsfan23 said:

Yep. I hope mine sell well.

Did you sell yours yet and if so, get a nice price?
I sold all of mine:

Ultimate Collection: $325
SPx: $110 (took the offer before any others had sold. Left $25 or so on the table.)
Donruss Signature Auto /25 :$325

Crazy thing is I actually took a loss on the DS Auto/25 which I overpaid for way back (thankfully I only lost a little, and made nice returns on the others.)

Members online