Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone have a direct email line to Probstein?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
99.9% of what I have read/gathered/surmised is that Probstein is a completely stand up guy and I'm not accusing him of the "S" word.

You edited a legitimate response to this thread without thinking first. Just being honest with you and not being rude, your response is the one that should be removed. You are bringing the "S" into this when it wasn't there before.

I apologize for the edit. As a general rule any private information should not be posted. In this case I had forgotten that Rick posts his information elsewhere which I would take as a statement of permission to post here as well.

Regarding what I wrote, I have seen threads like this spiral out of control very quickly and therefore felt it worthwhile to lay things out as I believe they are. There were a comment above that said, "he's created many waves of controversy over the years" and so I figured I would lay things out as I believe they are to preempt that. I believe Rick is a great guy to work with and with the rates he charges I find that I basically pay the same fees selling myself or selling through him so I highly, highly recomment working with him.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm sure I have bought from him then without even knowing it. What exactly is consignment I never understood what that was?

As Lancemountain explained, a consignor is someone who sells your collection for you. As a pretty large operation he has it streamlined, and also has many people (myself included) who follow his listings because they know that he lists really rare, high-end stuff (along with tons of regular items...)

As a Powerseller who does millions in sales a year I believe his eBay fees are lower than people like myself who only sell on occasion. He passes much of that savings on so that the percentage you get back (especially on higher-end items) is in line if not at times better than you would get selling by yourself.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I apologize for the edit. As a general rule any private information should not be posted. In this case I had forgotten that Rick posts his information elsewhere which I would take as a statement of permission to post here as well.

Regarding what I wrote, I have seen threads like this spiral out of control very quickly and therefore felt it worthwhile to lay things out as I believe they are. There were a comment above that said, "he's created many waves of controversy over the years" and so I figured I would lay things out as I believe they are to preempt that. I believe Rick is a great guy to work with and with the rates he charges I find that I basically pay the same fees selling myself or selling through him so I highly, highly recomment working with him.

Fair enough but this board isn't very active anymore and most likely was already dead once the info was posted (and then deleted). Two people in this thread had no idea who Probstein was and posted that very question. Now they have the "S" word associated with him. Stigmas like that are impossible to shake.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
FYI for lurkers and google searchers that happen on this thread, I am Probstein customer and have bought from him several times throughout many years. Quick and efficient service

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
The problem with co signers not so much with the "S" word is that they will run the card and then the original owner will go bid on it or get their friends to bid it up. So theres really nothing you can do about it. I've bought from him before and its always been well. Sometimes you can get some steals from his listings.

Members online

Latest posts