Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Leaf Metal Baseball Giveaway!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I preferred Valiant to Metal last year, but these look great. Thanks for the giveaways, fellas

EDIT: And obviously, I'd greatly appreciate being a part of the giveaway

samuelpair

Oct 31, 2010
I hope if you do you step up the posts. GoOd lord, man. Two years and two posts? Come to the MT and show us who you collect.

And posts like this is why I stay off boards... gotta live up to their standards of what's acceptable... blah blah blah... You're the king of posting on here, good job sir.

I'm heavily involved in the hobby... I just post my stuff on my blog, not on message boards, and I'm ok with that. A giveaway is just that, open to anyone, regardless of how many times I may or may not have posted on this precious board. I got an e-mail and I responded to it.

If you really want to know what I collect, want to make a trade, want to join some group breaks or win a contest, head over to my blog...

***REDACTED***

Other than that, I hope you win a slot as well, and I hope you get whatever card you're hoping for, how about some encouragement and positive thoughts?

Last edited:

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Got the email about the giveaway but do I have to do anything besides post in this thread? By the way thanks to Leaf for running this contest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

A_Pharis

And posts like this is why I stay off boards... gotta live up to their standards of what's acceptable... blah blah blah... You're the king of posting on here, good job sir.

I'm heavily involved in the hobby... I just post my stuff on my blog, not on message boards, and I'm ok with that. A giveaway is just that, open to anyone, regardless of how many times I may or may not have posted on this precious board. I got an e-mail and I responded to it.

If you really want to know what I collect, want to make a trade, want to join some group breaks or win a contest, head over to my blog...

www.thedailydimwit.com

Other than that, I hope you win a slot as well, and I hope you get whatever card you're hoping for, how about some encouragement and positive thoughts?

I was asking you to stick around and become part of the community? But... Ok? Glad you got that off of your chest.

Edit: Also, I'm sure the backhanded shot at the quality of the board seemed witty as you entered it, but you're a much better example of why people WOULDN'T want to be a part of this board - that some of us DO find "precious." We use it to develop camaraderie instead of hopping on in response to a contest for a shot at something free, plug our blog and downtalk the quality of the community.

If you would have taken my original post at face value, you would have seen that I actually wanted you to become more engaged so that we could find out more about you AND your blog.

Last edited:

samuelpair

Oct 31, 2010
I was asking you to stick around and become part of the community? But... Ok? Glad you got that off of your chest.

Understood... came across as criticism... just seemed unnecessary.

EDIT: My comment about it being "precious" was not aimed at the quality of the message board, rather just an observation on how long-time posters have a reverence for it. I have no qualms with it at all.

Additionally, I didn't come on to plug my blog either, it wasn't until you mentioned wanting to see what I collect, etc that I even mentioned it. In fact, I'll go back and edit that point out if it bothers you. I don't have a photobucket to share, but I have a google doc listed there if the interest is genuine that lists both my PC and my bait.

From my view point, I'm sorry but the "face value" of your comment was a dig at me and anyone else who hasn't been highly active. In terms of this thread, I felt it was an unnecessary dig. Yes, you did say you wanted me to get more engaged, but you can't deny there was a dig in there first.

Anyways, I'll try and bury the hatchet. I may have over-reacted at it all. Whatever, it's a contest and card collecting. This has been a lot of typing wasted over nothing.

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Kudos to Leaf for landing a hobby heavyweight like Pujols! Nice looking product.

Thanks for contest FCB!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using the FCB app for Android.

Jdubb

Jul 3, 2012
Awesome! Whether I get a spot or not I will be picking up a couple boxes.

My 7-year old son and I spent some time with the Leaf representatives at the National this year and they were by far the nicest and most accessible reps for any of the card companies (Historic Autographs was a close second). My son pulled a 1 of 1 Joe Namath/Bart Starr auto from Sports Icons and they were so cool about it. It was the highlight of the trip and I have a feeling it made him a collector for life. Needless to say we are now big Leaf fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts