Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Topps design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'd like it if they'd scrap the right hand side design.
I agree. The weird border shape and name sticking out the side look awkward.
The rest of the design looks kind of similar to other recent Topps sets.
I wish Topps would get creative and come up with completely different designs and border colors each year like they used to do.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I agree. The weird border shape and name sticking out the side look awkward.
The rest of the design looks kind of similar to other recent Topps sets.
I wish Topps would get creative and come up with completely different designs and border colors each year like they used to do.

That's kinda why I like the team name going down the side. It actually helps the design stand out from recent years. Maybe its old age, or maybe its not busting 2 packs a day all summer long, but if you lined up a base card from each of the last 10 years I'd have a hard time putting them in order without looking at the back ('cept maybe '07)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's kinda why I like the team name going down the side. It actually helps the design stand out from recent years.
I just think it's uneccesary clutter, when the team logo is already prominent on the bottom left of the card.
Topps has exclusivity to team logos and I like how its shown boldly on the card. Leave the team names to the other companies.
It's like how your sig looks really cool with the Brewers logo on it. If it also said Brewers in normal type on the side, it would look odd.

Last edited:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Let's see the position of the logo since 2009:

bottom right
bottom left
bottom right
bottom left
bottom right

and, then...for the big surprise...

bottom left

Sensing a pattern here.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
more ******* foil on the name. Hate it! Makes it hard to read!

I dont care that "Topps" or "Future Stars" is in foil or that the "Dodgers" wordmark appears to be in foil, but the name should not be in foil as I"ve found it hard to read over the last several seasons of Topps putting the name in foil. I thought Topps did great with one of their football releases (2009?) where I think they realized their messup with the name in foil on the baseball version of that design so the football version of that same design was done in two-color non-foil format for easier readability.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts