Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Hit & Run Mayhem Challenge: March (COMPLETE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
So does this count for hit
11+1 Toronto they did not play
Any Texas
So Astros scored 6 hits in split squad game with the Braves
And Texas Rangers scored 6 hits in there game against the angles for 12 combined winner winner fir today?
March 16th 2015

Richard

Nope, that is the one I went for too. The "Any Texas" counts for only one team and not both. But, since Houston played twice today, I believe you are able to score both of their hits together since they are the same team. [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] can clarify that scenario, but that would only work now during spring training as well as the more rare double headers later in this season if that is correct.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Nope, that is the one I went for too. The "Any Texas" counts for only one team and not both. But, since Houston played twice today, I believe you are able to score both of their hits together since they are the same team. [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] can clarify that scenario, but that would only work now during spring training as well as the more rare double headers later in this season if that is correct.

Hmm, I thought I addressed this situation before...apparently not.

If a team plays a doubleheader in real life (not the doubleheader adjustment in this game), they can be counted twice since they are playing separate games.

In today's example, you would have 6, 8, or 14 hits using Houston. Unfortunately, there's no way to get to 12 hits today.

Real life doubleheader scenarios will be added to the OP as soon as I can.

In case you were wondering, if you have a doubleheader adjustment and you have a team playing a doubleheader in real life that day, you can only count one of their games twice, thus allowing you to count their games up to 3 times that day, not 4. Clear as mud??

As Alex mentioned, doubleheaders during the regular season will be quite rare, but we'll deal with them as they come.

Last note about counting a team's hits/runs more than once on a given day. Each team is assumed to play only one game, so unless that team appears twice, you can only count them once...unless of course there is a doubleheader adjustment and/or they are playing a real life doubleheader.

Round and round we go...I think I just realized why there isn't a bigger turnout! haha

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hmm, I thought I addressed this situation before...apparently not.

If a team plays a doubleheader in real life (not the doubleheader adjustment in this game), they can be counted twice since they are playing separate games.

In today's example, you would have 6, 8, or 14 hits using Houston. Unfortunately, there's no way to get to 12 hits today.

Real life doubleheader scenarios will be added to the OP as soon as I can.

In case you were wondering, if you have a doubleheader adjustment and you have a team playing a doubleheader in real life that day, you can only count one of their games twice, thus allowing you to count their games up to 3 times that day, not 4. Clear as mud??

As Alex mentioned, doubleheaders during the regular season will be quite rare, but we'll deal with them as they come.

Last note about counting a team's hits/runs more than once on a given day. Each team is assumed to play only one game, so unless that team appears twice, you can only count them once...unless of course there is a doubleheader adjustment and/or they are playing a real life doubleheader.

Round and round we go...I think I just realized why there isn't a bigger turnout! haha

Thanks Chris! That's what I was trying to say about Houston yesterday was you could have added both games together (as a doubleheader with 6, 8 or together as 14). I think this is the most confusing this game can get, and with the regular season coming up soon there shouldn't be too many chances for this scenario to happen so it is great practice :) I now get it with the double header adjustment and/or the real life double header. You can score a team twice ONLY if they are actually playing multiple games in one day, or the square shows a double header for that specific date. I still hope others see how easy this game is away from this double header scenario, and I would think more will start playing once the regular season starts.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - I would like to claim today 03/19 for 10 hits with the Pittsburgh Pirates (National League Central team) as the square is for 9 hits +/-5 piece :)

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
The scoreboard has been updated.

[MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION], please send me a PM with the following:

The first year you started collecting cards
Your favorite player all-time
Your favorite current player

That way, I'll have your prize queued up if/when you win March!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Claiming Runs for March 19th
Runs 8
Seattle
Miami
Houston

So I'll use Seattle 5 and Miami 3 for 8 runs. I think this is how you can do it :lol:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Runs for March 20 2015
Runs 1
Boston
Ny. Mets

Pirates had 6 runs -5 =1 not sure if this is right. But that is.........My final answer.

Richard

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Runs for March 20 2015
Runs 1
Boston
Ny. Mets

Pirates had 6 runs -5 =1 not sure if this is right. But that is.........My final answer.

Richard

I might be wrong, but the -5 should be against the 1 run target so those teams would need to specifically score -4 runs for today lol!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I might be wrong, but the -5 should be against the 1 run target so those teams would need to specifically score -4 runs for today lol!

Almost right. You can't have a negative target, so Boston or the Mets would have to be shutout today to get the points.

Note: a team actually has to play a game for it to count! Off days do not qualify.

All target adjustments apply directly to the original target, and not a team's output.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Almost right. You can't have a negative target, so Boston or the Mets would have to be shutout today to get the points.

Note: a team actually has to play a game for it to count! Off days do not qualify.

All target adjustments apply directly to the original target, and not a team's output.

Woot! That makes perfect sense :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - I would like to claim today 03/23 with Houston scoring 10 runs for the 9 runs +/-4 square :)

[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] - The race is on for the week buddy!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts