Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3200 count storage boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TenaciousJDD

Does anyone know if BCW has recently changed the dimensions of their 4 row 3200 count half-lid storage boxes?
I have been buying and using these for years so I was surprised when I purchased some last week and the new ones were 1.25" wider than the old ones.
The rows in the old boxes were just wide enough to fit a standard sized card, but the rows in the new boxes are wide enough for a top loader (like the 3000 count boxes).
I looked at the BCW website and this is the only 3200 count box they currently sell and their dimensions match the new boxes that I received. Everywhere else I could find them online also show the larger dimensions.
If anyone can help shed some light on this mystery I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like I'm losing my mind!
It's not a huge deal, but I'd like for all of my boxes to be uniform in size if possible and I prefer the snugger rows for base cards.
For visual reference the top box in the photo is the new box (13.25" wide across the lid) and the bottom two are older (12" wide across the lid).

Sent from my SM-G900T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1440533284053.jpg
    1440533284053.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 30

TenaciousJDD

Sorry to bump this, but I've been researching this for days and it really is driving me crazy.

Does anyone have any idea who might have made the smaller 4-row boxes in my above photo? I always assumed they were BCW, but my research is indicating that that is probably not the case. Unfortunately they were purchased from a store that has since closed so I can't ask the source where they came from.

Any insight you can provide is much appreciated. Thanks!

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I have both of those. Your top box is a BCW super shoe. I always assumed that the bottom boxes in your pic are an off-brand. I'm in the process of getting rid of those smaller ones and moving everything to BCW 2-row boxes, so that the toploader-held cards will fit alongside the base cards.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was disappointed when I could no longer get the super shoe boxes that had the lids that slid down over the entire height of the box. I prefer those over the kind with the small lids.

It is irritating though. I have so many slightly different sized boxes and styles. It would be nice if they were all the same across the board.

TenaciousJDD

I have both of those. Your top box is a BCW super shoe. I always assumed that the bottom boxes in your pic are an off-brand. I'm in the process of getting rid of those smaller ones and moving everything to BCW 2-row boxes, so that the toploader-held cards will fit alongside the base cards.

Ha, unfortunately I'm in the opposite situation. I prefer the smaller box because the rows are narrower and the base cards don't shift around as much.

Members online

Latest posts