Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A late start....Night Crew Ep. 4. Ticked off Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Do you have any pictures you could share? Would love to see some of what you got.

I don't have any from that set yet, just discovered it tonight. But in the next few days I'll take pics of my current 500 HR Club collection. I had scans on my old Photobucket but those are gone.

Here are two I do have pictures of:

Mickey Mantle
e1a56202674b4f8c5b512438725138d8.jpg

Babe Ruth
b6eb8975da0d38dceb0100015b9bb8dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I don't have any from that set yet, just discovered it tonight. But in the next few days I'll take pics of my current 500 HR Club collection. I had scans on my old Photobucket but those are gone.

Here are two I do have pictures of:

Mickey Mantle
e1a56202674b4f8c5b512438725138d8.jpg

Babe Ruth
b6eb8975da0d38dceb0100015b9bb8dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

that's awesome. I did the exact same thing about 4 years back.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Meh, I don't know if the authenticity was "better" per se, but I do like how some of the cards featured a picture of what the material came off of. And with game used being so big today like never before, are they really putting authentic swatches on the cards or is it a bunch of made up crap like Leaf does with Trinity?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
The retail end of things is hard to keep up with. Educated collectors will always go in and clean out what is new/hot. I work at a Target and we have a 24 foot section of cards, that's mixed with magic and Pokemon and the rest of it. My vendor comes in once a week to do maintenance, take out old stuff, do stocking etc...it's a big box store and the buyers have a very general mindset, trying to cast a wide net to keep as many people coming in as possible. I understand why they do that but it's frustrating for me too, I wanted to get one or two of the Bowman chrome blasters and we sold out. I've been on vacation and I'm sure chrome will be gone by Monday. Things were a lot better when virtually every town had an LCS because I don't think retail will ever evolve to the point where we are totally happy with it.

Members online