Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any alternatives to a MJ Roop Binder??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I know alot of you guys bought these and was wanting to hear some reviews. Also wondering how many filled pages these hold so I know how many to get. Thanks

ronzo

Sep 8, 2008
Stroudsburg, PA
383astro said:
I know alot of you guys bought these and was wanting to hear some reviews. Also wondering how many filled pages these hold so I know how many to get. Thanks

Loving them. I think about 35-40 pages would be the max for the 1.5" albums. I need to find a place that can print me sheets to fill in the covers though, I'm not liking the plain white paper I have in them now.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
I'm glad I searched this thread! I just ordered 15 of the binders everyone loves so much. I'm tired of my raw sets sitting in boxes. The scans posted by TBP (provided by another member) earlier in the thread sold me. Thanks!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
383astro said:

the "rings" are flimsy (almost look like they are going to rip off the hardened plastic back/fronts), the way you disconnect each ring by popping it off at their intersection is really only meant to last for a few uses (I've been adding and subtracting pages from one binder and the ring connection doesn't hold well after about 5-10 connects/disconnects). I love the clamshell design, love the front thin transparent plastic so you can slide a cover or label there, love the black color.

Holds about forty 9-pocket sheets of standard stock cards (or about 25-30 pages of my thicker relics/autos). I needed two binders for my birthyear 1971 topps set incl. high numbers.

For $1.25, great bargain despite the marginal construction of the rings and how the rings come apart to put in the pages.

BTW, says not to transport it in a certain way (have pages on the rings during transport?) I assume the manufacturer thinks the ring ends could rip away from the covers with too much shock or stress from shipping.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
ronzo said:
383astro said:

Loving them. I think about 35-40 pages would be the max for the 1.5" albums. I need to find a place that can print me sheets to fill in the covers though, I'm not liking the plain white paper I have in them now.
The most I have put in the binders is a 440 card Topps Football set.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
While I do agree that the plastic ring design isn't the strongest, I think most of us would be using these as a "permanent home" for whatever is going into them (at least that's what I'm intending to do with them). I bought 10 cases (150 binders), and outside of trying to figure out where to put them until I get all of the pages moved across, I love them!

BTW, has anyone come up with a good cover / spine combo for them? The ones I found through Word's template site were a bit lacking.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Sean_C said:
While I do agree that the plastic ring design isn't the strongest, I think most of us would be using these as a "permanent home" for whatever is going into them (at least that's what I'm intending to do with them). I bought 10 cases (150 binders), and outside of trying to figure out where to put them until I get all of the pages moved across, I love them!

BTW, has anyone come up with a good cover / spine combo for them? The ones I found through Word's template site were a bit lacking.
Someone emailed me the Roop template.If you pm me your email address I will forward it to you.
Mike

txbevo

Jan 2, 2012
hofmichael said:
Here is a link for the Univenture Binders on slae for $1.25 each.They come 15 to a case.
http://www.univenture.com/shop/15_3_Rin ... rstock.php

FYI. You can still get this deal. I clicked on the link and the same deal is still going. I ordered 2 cases and with shipping it came in just under $60. This is a great deal IMO. Thanks to everyone who mentioned these in this thread. These are exactly what I have been looking for.

Also, if anyone has the label template that has been mentioned on this thread and wouldn't mind sharing it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
txbevo said:
hofmichael said:
Here is a link for the Univenture Binders on slae for $1.25 each.They come 15 to a case.

FYI. You can still get this deal. I clicked on the link and the same deal is still going. I ordered 2 cases and with shipping it came in just under $60. This is a great deal IMO. Thanks to everyone who mentioned these in this thread. These are exactly what I have been looking for.

Also, if anyone has the label template that has been mentioned on this thread and wouldn't mind sharing it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
I will send it to you this evening.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
hofmichael said:
txbevo said:
hofmichael said:

Would you mind sending the Roop template to me, as well? I just received my case of 15 binders a couple weeks ago, and I am currently moving my sets over. The binders are awesome.

ronzo

Sep 8, 2008
Stroudsburg, PA
hofmichael said:
txbevo said:
hofmichael said:

Could I get it as well?

Thanks

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
hofmichael said:
txbevo said:
hofmichael said:

Thanks for sending me the label template. Does anybody have a source for the proper labels for this particular template? Based on the photos posted by TBP in page 2, it looks to be a binder spine label approximately 2"x9" or so. I'd appreciate any info on this. Thanks.

Members online

Latest posts