Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Super Collectors out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Very nice early plate! If you come across anything from the three guys listed in my sig (Cirillo, Burnitz, Vaughn) please keep me in mind :D

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
bustin_knuckles said:
I have seen a couple 1993 Score Frank Thomas cards that are cropped differently than the normal everyday 1993 Score Thomas. In the auction they weren't listed as a promo and the auction didn't show the back. Anybody know if this is a true promo. Anybody have any input on this card.
promon.jpg

Actually, this IS a legit promo card from everything I remember. I have a Fryman that is in the same manner as yours. Plus, the trademark TM logo at the end of the team name is different as well. That is how I am able to differentiate the two cards. I don't know if every player had one made though.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I'd be interested in any Manny Ramirez promos you have. I need a 1996 Zenith Z-Team Samples Manny- I started to get excited when I saw the Albert Belle version of that as I thought it was Manny for a minute! That's one of 10 cards I need for Manny to finish 1996...

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Also I have maybe 15-20 or so Griffey promo's from the early to mid 90's. Ran the list past one or two Griffey collectors on here a while back but if anybody is interested let me know.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'll try to remember the scan the back of the sample Thomas tomorrow, but I can say with certainty that it isn't marked as a sample or promo.

1993ScorePromo.jpg

stanthemanfan

Apr 14, 2010
Greenville, Sc
Thanks for all the kind words and emails. I wanted to clear up a earlier post I made re. the 1993 Score Promo. I must of sold my baseball promo so I don't have a scan. I can't say if the back is the same as the hockey or football. I will post the back of the hockey and football just for reference, I'm not saying the baseball has sample in red letter, I don't know.

1993ScoreFootballPromo.jpg

1993ScoreHockeyPromo.jpg

Hope this clears up my comments.

Paul

stanthemanfan

Apr 14, 2010
Greenville, Sc
Here is a 1998 DR Elite Prime Numbers 10C Promo .. If anyone has a regular issue could you check the front and see if your copy has .580 slugging pct. The promo has .589 on the front and SAMPLE in black on the back.

1998DRElitePromoJG.jpg

1998DRElitePromoJGBack.jpg

Thanks
Paul

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
stanthemanfan said:
Here is a 1998 DR Elite Prime Numbers 10C Promo .. If anyone has a regular issue could you check the front and see if your copy has .580 slugging pct. The promo has .589 on the front and SAMPLE in black on the back.

1998DRElitePromoJG.jpg

1998DRElitePromoJGBack.jpg

Thanks
Paul
they are the same
juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg

Members online

Latest posts