Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else a little bothered about LeBron's 4th grade son and AAU basketball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't know why this bothers me a little bit but I guess it's reality and LeBron's kid just takes it to an entire different level.

Here is a story and video of LeBron's 4th grade son playing AAU basket ball. Sorry but his kid looks like he has better BBall gear than any High School team in my area... not to mention he looks like an adult with the the "gear", etc. I get it... he is LeBron's son and has access to every resources known to man and LeBron probably spends a ton of time working with him but it just bothers me. Maybe this is normal for 4th grade kids and AAU BBall but just bothered me.

Not to mention LeBron jumping up and down like his son is just shredding the other team... I mean if you were on the other team watching your son, wouldn't you just roll your eyes and think "Okay LeBron, we get it... Your son is better than mine"

Anyone else?

Here is the link: https://www.touchofmodern.com/i/UH7Z7KC2

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If LeBron James was replaced with Michael Jordan this would be a non-issue.

People need to worry about themselves.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I have 3rd , 4th , 9th grade kids (and a 1 yr old) and for me to think if people were criticizing them for what they were wearing, their hair style, or how they played a sport with them just being kids I'd be hmmmmm , not ok. Basically he's a 4th grade kid , let him be, there is enough pressure out there.

Ryan

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
What I found to be a little off was how in the video he yells his kids name and then he tells him what he should be doing.......and undermines the person coaching them.
If he was on my team and Daddy kept telling him what to do, I would ask the kid to leave. Since obviously he is going to listen to dad and not me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have 3rd , 4th , 9th grade kids (and a 1 yr old) and for me to think if people were criticizing them for what they were wearing, their hair style, or how they played a sport with them just being kids I'd be hmmmmm , not ok. Basically he's a 4th grade kid , let him be, there is enough pressure out there.

Ryan
I think it's a little excessive personally how his kid is dressed to play 4th grade basketball. That my opinion I guess. I just think, as you said, "he is a 4th grade kid, let him be" but it seems like someone might be influencing those items or even better yet, buying those for him to wear?! I'm sure a 4th grader wasn't like "Hey Dad, I really want those black Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong Compression Sleeves go to on my legs for the basketball game this week" ummmmmmmmmmm yea, don't think so.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
But IMO you have to accept the fact that those kids who have access to the nice things aren't to be blamed. As a kid would you be , "Nah dad , lets go to Wally World and you can tell Nike no thanks" ?

I guess I just feel you've got to accept it. He's a 9/10 year old kid , he's got access , what do you want him to do so that he isn't talked about ? I look at it like this , as kids , or from my kids view , they get picked on , teased , tempted , pressured , etc enough than to have adults judging them on clothing ? Maybe that's just me...

Ryan

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Believe me, I'm not coming from the standpoint of that I am counting my pennies and can barely put food on the table, so I have an ax to grind with people of wealth or that have nice things, etc. I just feel like it's a little over the top and I didn't see the other kids in the AAU video wearing that stuff haha... maybe I've just not been around 4th graders recently... maybe they all wear black Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong Compression Sleeves at that age, idk.

Members online

Latest posts