Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else watching White Sox - Rays Game?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Happen to catch Hawk's on-air tirade? White Sox pitcher gets thrown out for throwing behind Zobrist I believe. It was hilarious. Probably going to be on Sportscenter tonight.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Honestly he is the most annoying person. I can't stand listening to him for more than 0.1 seconds. I don't know how White Sox fans can handle him every game. Being a Twins fan aside, and I don't even hate the team that much.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I know all of your opinions are the likely majority, but I like him. He's passionate and plays to his audience, which is me, and that's all I can ask for. I know he goes over the top sometimes, but the majority of the time he is fine. I'd rather have an announcer be closer to him than droll and boring. Same old cliche, when he's your guy you love him and when he's not you hate him.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
He's terrible. Worst announcer in baseball. When he gets upset he just gives dead air for 15-30 seconds. I can't believe that doesn't get him fired. Such a shame one of my favorite announcers, Steve Stone, has to work with him. I miss Stoney being on Cubs broadcasts.

www.heavethehawk.com

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
For what it's worth AJ spiked Zobrist at 2B in yesterdays game with a really late slide...Not sure what he ever did to the Sox to warrant both incidents

From the replay I saw it wasn't even much of a slide. It was more like a feet-first dive at Zobrist's ankle (which was on the SS side of the bag).

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I know all of your opinions are the likely majority, but I like him. He's passionate and plays to his audience, which is me, and that's all I can ask for. I know he goes over the top sometimes, but the majority of the time he is fine. I'd rather have an announcer be closer to him than droll and boring. Same old cliche, when he's your guy you love him and when he's not you hate him.

+1 I like the guy also. He is passionate and he tells great stories from his playing days. Yes he goes over the top at times but I like it and him

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Pierzynski is a proven, world class ********* and deserved his plunking and that should have been the end if it. I agreed with the ejection

Wow thats alittle harsh.. What did AJ do to you? Anyways he can be a ****** but if he was on your team you would like him. I think he is a great player. Now he is hitting over 300 and is handling the Sox pitching staff absolutly awesome this year and the past 7-9 years he has been with the sox
This is about Hawk not AJ and Warnings should have been issued right away with no ejections. Rather Wegner issued warnings when the Half Inning was done. That is crap.

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I look forward to White Sox games because of Steve Stone and Paul Konerko.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Wow thats alittle harsh.. What did AJ do to you? Anyways he can be a ****** but if he was on your team you would like him. I think he is a great player. Now he is hitting over 300 and is handling the Sox pitching staff absolutly awesome this year and the past 7-9 years he has been with the sox
This is about Hawk not AJ and Warnings should have been issued right away with no ejections. Rather Wegner issued warnings when the Half Inning was done. That is crap.

THIS is harsh:

http://30fps.mocksession.com/2012/05/29/a-j-pierzynski-trying-to-injure-people-again/

What I said was polite compared to that that idiot is trying to do to Zobrists ankle. And for what?! You can go on and on about his stats and handling of the pitching staff, but there's no room in baseball for that ****. He should have been pegged, and that should have been the end of it. Pitcher deserved to be tossed for continuing it further. It was over.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I actually don't mind Hawk. I like how he favors the TEAM he announces for. I wish the Orioles had an announcer that didn't get excited when the opposite team hits a home run or ties up the game. Go back to hockey, Gary Thorne.

And yes, AJ should've been plunked and the pitcher should have been tossed.

egon8

Aug 7, 2008
Hawk has been in the booth for most of the past 30 seasons or so. He and DD Don Drysdale in the early 80s was awesome growing up. He and Tom Wimpy Paciorek were fun as well. Hawk and Stone are fun to listen to as they have stories from both the hitter's persepctive as well as the pitcher's perspective.
Hawk is hired by the Sox and the WS Broadcast group to announce for the White Sox. He should be a "Homer". For you Cubs fans ripping Hawk, Ron Santo, God rest his soul, was just as big of a Homer as Hawk. As for his tirade, he was angry in the moment when the ump ejected Quintana when he should have warned/ejected the Rays pitcher immediately. And yes, I am an AJ fan. Have been since 2005. One of my favorite pictures!! GO SOX!!
AJwTrophy.png

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore

For what it's worth, I'm a Yankee fan and I can't stand their equivalent, John Sterling.

Members online

Latest posts