Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bat+Ball=One thick custom...booklet style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Holy...what the....oh my....

I'm lost for words, Mike. That is absolutely stunning work and the fact that you are not on the higher chain at Topps right now is beyond me. Probably b/c they couldn't afford your work. Incredible. Can we get a Topps rep in here to see this and have them report it to the highest authority?

I'm assuming this is for the Stan the Man collector. He should be absolutely thrilled.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
100% better than any GU in recent memory. Mike - you are the man. I don't think a professional company could afford your talent for card design.

I agree but why not just hire him for the rarer stuff only:confused:, like Bat Knobs, Barrels, Button, MLB logoman, Ect ect..
These companies are making plenty of money but so fn cheap :benson:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Holy crap Mike...it is unreal how better each one of these customs get. Out of all the great ones I have seen you post, this one literally dropped my jaw!

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
This is absolutely amazing. Just wow. Do you make these upon request or for money or fun? Really cool
After seeing the Dual GU he did for Randy Johnson, I asked Mike what his thoughts were on a triple as I had some ideas.
We bounced stuff off of each other and we both basically said "lets go for it"
The price to get this card made was WELL worth it. I love that Mike puts together these "How to...." as I really dont think most of us realize just how much work goes into making something like this.

Very nice booklet! I always enjoy seeing your work. I'm assuming this was for chris which in that case, very nice PC pickup
Thanks. I basically got the bat for free, picked up a blonde bat and black bat at Twinsfest for $75 each, sold the blonde one on ebay for $150, so less fees the black bat was free. I got the ball for $10 off ebay and being MLB hologrammed was a plus for this project.

Nice way to incorporate the MLB holograms. Congrats.
Conversations seem to always come up in patch threads, like is this patch real, etc.
So with both items having the MLB hologram, I asked Mike if he could incorporate these, along with the photo of the bat into the card. Very happy how it turned out.

Another perfect job from Mr. perfect 200lb. :D

I hate you, every time one of these are posted I am like hey I need one.
Custom cards are becoming an addiction of mine. I see something that Mike does and it gets my wheels a turning.

If I ever meet you in person you're getting a big bear hug, a high five, and an "Atta Boy!"
And I am buying Mike the biggest beer in Chicago or Minneapolis, wherever we are able to meet up first.

Very very nice!

What is the story with the rest of the bat?

I would be interested for a little project of my own...
Bat is with me Taylor. I cut the pieces and sent to Mike.

Holy...what the....oh my....

I'm lost for words, Mike. That is absolutely stunning work and the fact that you are not on the higher chain at Topps right now is beyond me. Probably b/c they couldn't afford your work. Incredible. Can we get a Topps rep in here to see this and have them report it to the highest authority?

I'm assuming this is for the Stan the Man collector. He should be absolutely thrilled.
You bet your ass I am thrilled :D

Thanks again to Mike (200lb) for his amazing work
I absolutely recommend Mike for any custom work you want done. He is fair in his pricing, as you can see, this is not some overnight process.
Mike gets all of the credit for this piece, he did all of the design, I just give him the thumbs up or thumbs down.
I have to say, in all of the projects that Mike has done for me, I have yet to give a thumbs down. His talent and eye for detail are amazing.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Final mock up image, to give an idea of what both sides look like

cuddyer-final-mock-1.png

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks for all of the comments.

This is really one of the first (if not only) customs that truly "wowed" me.

Certain parts of the process were an absolute headache, measuring, remeasuring, printing, building, reprinting, rebuilding. The spines certainly provide far more of a challenge.

All of that said...I'm really happy with it, so thanks again for the comments.

As for working for a card company...I don't live in New York, I don't live in Dallas, and Carlsbad CA wouldn't get a return call.

It's fun, it's a hobby...if it becomes a career, so be it. But it certainly isn't at this point.

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
That is awesome. One of the card companies need to pick you up as a consultant or something. Most of your stuff is so much better than the stuff they put out.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Mike, how come your " brand " or name isnt on the card anywhere?
I guess i can guess the reason, but you need a logo with some kind of design
around the # 200, just some kind of sig? and yeah, pretty stupid if you arent
wealthy doing this, scary talent.

Members online

Latest posts