Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bat+Ball=One thick custom...booklet style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Well, it sounds like I'd have a bunch of job opportunities...if everyone here owned a card company. :D

But again, thanks for the compliments on this card, and others I've posted in the past.

Customs truly are how the hobby has evolved for me. Building customs has really been a great blend of multiple interests...autographs, cards, creative, design and production.

One thing is certain as my skills have evolved in the time I've been doing these...it's a far, far cry from the first card I created. Which, for trivia purposes, was for an old friend in Slipknot - a leather piece of his mask that fell off in my apartment that I embedded into a card about 10 years ago.

It didn't happen. You are lying. You can't post a picture. :)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It didn't happen. You are lying. You can't post a picture. :)
Here you are...the spread of my first custom, dated June 5, 2002.

Kind of funny to see no crop lines, etc. I wish I had a scan but I can remember the production quality being poor.

chriscardback.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
So wait let me get this correct, working with record labels I myself run into some funky situations with famous people, but how the hell do you have the guy from slipknot in your living room? You where from Iowa? And why the hell was he wearing his mask? LOL And most importantly when are we going to slipknot show together? :D

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Yes, Chris has (assuming he still does) it. His girlfriend at the time was best friends with my girlfriend at the time. He stashed his mask in my house in Iowa City one night when we went out drinking. A piece came off...I made a card.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
wooo woo wooo you know chris? sweet XXXX!

im seeing slipknot on saturday!

We fell out of touch years ago, but a good dude all around.

The lone time I saw them was with System of a Down. Chris and I were in the sound booth circle in the middle of the pit. Insane show by both bands. I forgot who else opened.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Please tell me you have made a 35" Mudder custom at some point. After all, it is, indeed, a Full Scale War.

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
We fell out of touch years ago, but a good dude all around.

The lone time I saw them was with System of a Down. Chris and I were in the sound booth circle in the middle of the pit. Insane show by both bands. I forgot who else opened.
nice speaking of sod serj their lead signer is doing his solo show at this show too

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Package received and all I can say is I am freaking floored by this card, effing amazing in all aspects (design, quality, workmanship, detail, etc)!!! Mike, I dont know how you will ever top this one but give me time, I might be able to come up with something. :-D Thanks again for putting this together.
As Mike said, scans wont do this thing justice, but I will give it my best effort and upload pics later.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I totally forgot to scan it. I think I was too busy staring at it.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Once again, nice job Mike.. I have a few of your customs, and I have some auto's for another and need to put them with some Game used jerseys, etc.. (Koufax and Satchel)

Members online

Latest posts