Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BucCollector's Pirates Autographs, 1970-1979

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
It took a while to find a Bob Miller auto. This is not great; it appears that he signed it twice to make up for a failing pen. From eBay.

1000001925.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
He seems tougher to find that many other contemporaries. Not sure if he was a more infrequent signer or maybe the confusion of 3 Bob Millers did people in! I am not sure if I still need any of his Dodger cards, so when I see any at a decent price, I bid regardless.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
He seems tougher to find that many other contemporaries. Not sure if he was a more infrequent signer or maybe the confusion of 3 Bob Millers did people in! I am not sure if I still need any of his Dodger cards, so when I see any at a decent price, I bid regardless.
It reminds me of Dave Roberts. Three different players named Dave Roberts played for the Astros and none of them are the Dave Roberts you all know.

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
Omar Moreno, one of my favorites back when stolen bases were overvalued. The 1995 MCI Ambassadors card is hard to find - I believe they were given out at signing events on military bases. 1977 Topps was via a private signing.

1000002050.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yeah I'm still missing a couple of A's MCI cards. I didn't know anything about how they were distributed but that would make sense since I so often see them signed. I'd prefer unsigned copies for my collection since they are all guys I have several signatures of already.

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
@Dilferules Do you have these? Similar to MCI, created for promotional signings. There are two Vida cards and two Manny Sanguillen (shown with Pirates).

1000002052.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
@Dilferules Do you have these? Similar to MCI, created for promotional signings. There are two Vida cards and two Manny Sanguillen (shown with Pirates).

View attachment 349519

I have one of them, signed. I had never heard of them before and this one was included in a lot last year with another card I needed:

vidablueauto.jpg

I can't recall seeing any unsigned versions available (prior to your picture) but I wasn't really looking too hard. With the Ball Park and Snapple logos on the back I thought it might be some kind of send-away auto like the Nabisco and Jimmy Dean etc. cards from the '90s. But they aren't catalogued by Beckett, which I would expect them to be if they were food send-aways like that, so being giveaways for signings would make more sense.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I bought a Sanguillen auto that may be similar to what you are showing. If I saw it, I'd know it right away, but blanking on exactly how it looks now. I like that Blue...wouldn't mind having a signed one myself.

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
Couldn't resist this inexpensive Gene Clines pickup via a Facebook group. Nice thin Sharpie on a card I didn't have. Jim Shellenback pitched for the Bucs intermittently 1966 - 1969.

1000002173.jpg

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
Despite the fact that he is one of my all-time favorite Pirates, and has a beautiful signature, I don't have a lot of Al Oliver. Obviously that's because @mrmopar has them all.

1000002508.jpg

The faded ball was a gift from a co-worker who got it at an event. I have a signed ticket from a Columbus Clippers game as well.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't have that many Olivers. I wish there were more Dodger cards, but he was only there briefly, so it's justified. That Archives is a good one. Took me a while to get one at the nice price.

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
Not sure how this Ed Ott card came into my life. It reminds me of the trivia fact that Ed had the shortest MLB name in history and that the record for combined shortest last names by road roommates were the Brooklyn Dodgers Billy Cox and Preacher Roe.

1000002516.jpg

Members online

Latest posts