Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anyone give me any info on Derrick Phillips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Found out he was released, but not much else other than that. Can anyone give me any info on this?

He was one of the guys I bought into:
img791.jpg
img913.jpg
img792.jpg
img863.jpg
img889.jpg

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I'm interested to know this as well. He was a year behind me in HS and I played against him a couple of times. When I mentioned to one of my friends that he'd been drafted, he was pretty shocked. He was far from the best player on the team.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Codasco07 said:
I'm interested to know this as well. He was a year behind me in HS and I played against him a couple of times. When I mentioned to one of my friends that he'd been drafted, he was pretty shocked. He was far from the best player on the team.

I liked his Speed/Power potential, and to be honest, he was doing pretty well in GCL when he was released.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
soccerman034 said:
Codasco07 said:

I liked his Speed/Power potential, and to be honest, he was doing pretty well in GCL when he was released.

He was crazy athletic. He hit an opposite field, line drive HR against one of our best pitchers (played in college). It was pretty impressive. It may have been the only hit or one of the few our pitcher allowed that day.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
soccerman034 said:
Very nice; Did he have any makeup issues that you were aware of? Usually a player isn't just released out of the blue...

I didn't know anything other than he played baseball.

Members online

Latest posts