Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Gomez is a sack of crap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Did MLB fine or suspend him?

No because he wasn't physical. But again, doesn't mean he was innocent. I have no issues with the other suspensions handed out but Cole should have gotten a game. It's not like he'd have to miss a start

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

Yeeeaaahhhhh, that doesn't counter what I said.

But as to the suspensions, they are kind of bullXXXX. And I'll tell you why I think that.

By NOT suspending Cole, MLB is saying this is ONLY about the physical fight. "Hot dogging" or jaw jacking are irrelevant. That also means, there's no such thing as "instigating" as far as this punishment is concerned. Fine. I can accept that. Martin getting 1 game seems odd, and I could care less. Maldonado getting 5 games for blowing up Snider's face seems light, actually.

The issue I have is with Gomez getting one more game than Snider. I call bullXXXX. When it comes to the physical fight, Snider and Gomez were at least equals; when it comes to why the physical fight started, Snider escalated the whole thing from a shouting match to a shoving match.

I bet Gomez gets 1 game knocked off. Snider and Martin don't have much to argue, since they came in off the bench to make things worse; Maldonado is not appealing

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Anything I post, I post for the good of the board.

I really do believe that Gomez is a sack of crap though, and not just based on this incident. He's a hot head that has no place in a civilized game.

There's going to be nothing left but Matt Stairs and some young relief pitchers if we kick out all the emotional players. Boring game you want there.

I assume Bob Gibson has no place in you civilized Hall of Fame. Neither does Ty Cobb.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
eh, cole isn't innocent here

But he wasn't the one throwing a violent tantrum.

If that wasn't a violent tantrum, you definitely need some glasses. Going up to someone, pointing your finger, yelling your head off and then walk away pouting ... if that isn't a 'violent' tantrum, y'all in the south do it a LOT differently than we do north of the Mason Dixon line.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
i wonder what would've come from him if the mets sent lastings milledge instead of carlgo in that johan deal. either way, glad he's living up to his potential

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
So is he a sack of crap or not...

I'm kidding but only partially so. I don't know the OP personally or anything so this is more about this post than anything but it bothers me when someone defines a person by a few actions and forgets that every person is a complicated bundle of positive and negative. It wouldn't be a huge deal except that the labels themselves cause a ton of damage at times.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
So is he a sack of crap or not...

I'm kidding but only partially so. I don't know the OP personally or anything so this is more about this post than anything but it bothers me when someone defines a person by a few actions and forgets that every person is a complicated bundle of positive and negative. It wouldn't be a huge deal except that the labels themselves cause a ton of damage at times.

You are your actions. He is what he has put himself out there to be.

Members online